advertisement

Quick INCA TECH The Claymore question

How thing change, full of life and hope then smashed to the ground with the greed of others.
Now doing EWA and have been for 3 yrs with a true friend Alan Elsdon, it sad but Alan has to retire from EWA so we are going alone again with Elsdon & Wonfor Audio keeping Alan name in honour of him.
Thank you Alan for having faith in me dear friend, all these past nearly 40yrs years.

640x478_ac.jpg

Quite surprised that this thread has no more post since 2018, as Claymore is still a fantastic amp and performs not worse then it was back days.
Anyway, looking for help regarding one question about the Claymore. Is It possible (and does it make a sense?) to connect separate pre amp to Claymore? I have original Claymore, serviced and upgraded by Colin Wonfor in 2020. But I also have Project Amber hybrid headphone amp, which have separate pre out. So I got curious - what if I'll add this pre to the chain, as I don't mind to have a bit tube richness and fullness to the sound of my system. Any oppinions?

Quite surprised that this thread has no more post since 2018, as Claymore is still a fantastic amp and performs not worse then it was back days.
Anyway, looking for help regarding one question about the Claymore. Is It possible (and does it make a sense?) to connect separate pre amp to Claymore? I have original Claymore, serviced and upgraded by Colin Wonfor in 2020. But I also have Project Amber hybrid headphone amp, which have separate pre out. So I got curious - what if I'll add this pre to the chain, as I don't mind to have a bit tube richness and fullness to the sound of my system. Any oppinions?

The good thing is the Inca Tech Claymore can either be fitted with a Pre-out or if iss5-6 a extra input but no silk screen a secret input. he he:)

After the stroke I had last Nov my eyesight has got worse so I am considering to stop making kit, this will leave me bored silly most days.
Alan of ABCaudio would love to keep the products for sale and the latest AG AMP/PSU (bridge, stereo, Bal and RCA in and out with gain control oh and remote sense).#
But we need a company to make them including chassis etc.
If you have any ideas on this please tell us, thanks.

Sorry to hear of your stroke. One of my family members had a stroke at about the same time and she's also finding it has affected her eyesight, although I understand that it is perhaps starting to improve a little. Good luck with your recovery.

My Claymore continues to keep me company here while I work, in use for several hours of every working day :)

After the stroke I had last Nov my eyesight has got worse so I am considering to stop making kit, this will leave me bored silly most days.
Alan of ABCaudio would love to keep the products for sale and the latest AG AMP/PSU (bridge, stereo, Bal and RCA in and out with gain control oh and remote sense).#
But we need a company to make them including chassis etc.
If you have any ideas on this please tell us, thanks.

I'm very sorry to hear that but your health comes first (not to mention safety when working with electronic gear!). I do hope you find some way to keep your designs on the market as they're really great. Plus, I was thinking of eventually buying a preamp to go with my lovely M-50.

I'm very sorry to hear that but your health comes first (not to mention safety when working with electronic gear!). I do hope you find some way to keep your designs on the market as they're really great. Plus, I was thinking of eventually buying a preamp to go with my lovely M-50.

For Anthony I have just completed 2 very special M50 that have separate PSU and with Balance in and RCA in and out so they can be used with his WB Turbo to give him , I think he called 5.1 surround sound. The beast can also be bridged as mono with 240W RMS out each. Due to my crap eye sight have taken me over 8wks to make crazy.
These look has if there will be the last amps I make, unless my eyes improve.
It is my left eye with cloud out and double vision, the Doctors at Barts think it may get better but not so far, well mor scans today I hate that machine.
I will post some pics later of these weird little amps, oh they also have a remote feedback like the WB and a gain control.

Hi CJ14,

I have a friend who suffered a stroke last year and has been left with a blind spot and cloudy patches in his vision. He is a very bright guy and has been doing things to try to improve his sight with some success. His sight is still improving almost a year later, which the quacks say is very unusual. I'm sure he'd be happy to talk to you about if you think it might be of some help? Might do nothing but what can it hurt?

Hi CJ14,

I have a friend who suffered a stroke last year and has been left with a blind spot and cloudy patches in his vision. He is a very bright guy and has been doing things to try to improve his sight with some success. His sight is still improving almost a year later, which the quacks say is very unusual. I'm sure he'd be happy to talk to you about if you think it might be of some help? Might do nothing but what can it hurt?

Dear Mr Pig, Yes please.

Sorry to read this Colin, what is the saying? "Those that can, do.... those that can't, teach" Think you could mentor someone to continue the build and assembly work, what a mentor that would be as well for someone.
Having had the pleasure to chat a few times while you reworked my Claymore I can surely believe you would be amazing at telling some of your stories and projects to a small audience, Or even write a book/memoirs. I for one found it fascinating and enlighten the few chats we had, I'm sure I only heard the tiniest of snippets.

If you have never had the privilege of chatting with Colin, you may only think IncaTech or TQ cables...... but blimey there is some much more fascinating things he has worked on.

May your recovery be speedy and full as possible.

For Anthony I have just completed 2 very special M50 that have separate PSU and with Balance in and RCA in and out so they can be used with his WB Turbo to give him , I think he called 5.1 surround sound. The beast can also be bridged as mono with 240W RMS out each. Due to my crap eye sight have taken me over 8wks to make crazy.
These look has if there will be the last amps I make, unless my eyes improve.
It is my left eye with cloud out and double vision, the Doctors at Barts think it may get better but not so far, well mor scans today I hate that machine.
I will post some pics later of these weird little amps, oh they also have a remote feedback like the WB and a gain control.
I suffered double vision after my bike accident as a result of a brain bleed and cranial nerve damage. Recovery took over a year. The remains is mopped up by a prism subscription in my glasses. I hope you have a similar experience. I'm happy to share my experience of visual nerve damage, you know where to find me if this would help.

advertisement

Back