advertisement

question for dynaudio owners (past/present)

GTM

Resitance is futile
I've been having a look around for second hand Dynaudio speakers and I've noticed that some speakers, (of the same models), seem to have round plates at the back for connecting the speaker cables and others have rectangular ones.

Specifically some Contour 1.8 Mk2s seem to have this variation. Now normally I would be suspicious and assume that someone was trying to pass off a Mk1 for a Mk2 model, so I was wondering if this was a particular trait of Dynaudio speakers?

Can anyone shed any light on the subject? Specifics about the contour 1.8 Mk2's would be great.

I know my 1.3MkIIs have a rectangular plate - no idea if the same holds true for the 1.8MKIIs though.

I don't think I've ever seen the Mk I Contour range - were the MKIIs a revision, or a resurrection of a much older line?

My pair of Dynaudo Audience 50s (bought ex-demo circa 2001) have round plates. I have seen Contour 1.1s with round plates, no idea how old that pair was though - I assume they were mk1 as there was no mention of mk2 on the label.

Your best bet is probably to email Dynaudio directly, they're very helpful from what I have heard.

My 1.8 MkIIs have a rectangular plate.

Also, depending on whether I decide to buy a pair of ATC SCM40s I currently have on dem, my pair may be up for sale shortly! They are in very good condition, PM me if you want more detail.

My 1.8 MkIIs have a rectangular plate.

Also, depending on whether I decide to buy a pair of ATC SCM40s I currently have on dem, my pair may be up for sale shortly! They are in very good condition, PM me if you want more detail.

You have a PM

advertisement

Back