advertisement

Quality of the latest RELs?

AudioRic

I’m deliberating on whether or not to add a pair of REL 7i/7x subs to my system. I have a pair of Living Voice IBX RW4s, Triode Corporation TRV-M300 SE Monos and an Auralic Vega G2 as Streamer/DAC/pre.
The 7 series of RELs seems to be the one recommended for a room the size of mine.
Has anybody any experience of adding those subs to a system of that type/quality?

I have a REL 5i with my Maggies. It is tight and fast enough to keep up with the speakers. I have been considering a pair.

I’m deliberating on whether or not to add a pair of REL 7i/7x subs to my system. I have a pair of Living Voice IBX RW4s, Triode Corporation TRV-M300 SE Monos and an Auralic Vega G2 as Streamer/DAC/pre.
The 7 series of RELs seems to be the one recommended for a room the size of mine.
Has anybody any experience of adding those subs to a system of that type/quality?
The ‘x’ series allegedly makes some quite substantial improvements over the ‘i’, so you might want to look at that if you can afford it. There are detractors who say that better value for money can be had from other brands whose subs go deeper, have apps or remote controls and DSP. However, REL have a particular philosophy that informs their design and manufacturing choices. They have a YouTube presence with a lot of short videos about their products and design philosophy.

advertisement

Back