advertisement

Quad servicing costs?

They wouldn't touch a 99 CD player recently. Also, heard on the grapevine that their Quad II guy has retired. Other than that, they are highly recommended!

If he was as old as most Quad IIs he`d deserve his retirement....

Was it a 99 CD or a 99 CDP they wouldn`t touch, presumably they`ve run out of mechs?

I have a 99 CDP I`ve been meaning to send back as the drawer is damaged.

If he was as old as most Quad IIs he`d deserve his retirement....

Was it a 99 CD or a 99 CDP they wouldn`t touch, presumably they`ve run out of mechs?

I have a 99 CDP I`ve been meaning to send back as the drawer is damaged.
It was the later one with the digital preamp. Correct, no mechs.
Yes I think he has a well deserved retirement ahead!

Going to drop the Quad amps off at Huntingdon on Monday. Will let you know how it goes.

Anyone want a 606 upgrade kit? Not using it now that I’m sending to Quad

It was the later one with the digital preamp. Correct, no mechs.

That's worth knowing as I'm guessing that means no mechs available for Elite machines either, as that's what they fitted to a 99 cdp-2 I sent in for repair a few years back.

Having started this thread months back more or less on behalf of my friend who had obtained an old 606, at the weekend I eagerly told him how cheap the service costs were (thanks to @Eoin ).

Now he says he doesn't want to get it serviced, in case he doesn't like how it sounds when it comes back. Words failed me.

Ok mate, keep on using your 35 year old amp until something goes pop, and might take out your speakers too.

Looking forward to hearing how Eoin's service goes.

advertisement

Back