advertisement

Quad IIs

Jeff bbb

Strange request I guess. There is a 1/2 hour YouTube video of a pair of Quad ii’s being restored. The restorer calls himself “The Oldgit” . Anyone know his whereabouts?

Just watched the video. I’m in awe of the old git - be interesting to see him do a restoration.

Trawling through the comments, he says a couple of times that it is just a hobby and he doesn’t take on jobs (which is a shame imo)

Just watched the video. I’m in awe of the old git - be interesting to see him do a restoration.

Trawling through the comments, he says a couple of times that it is just a hobby and he doesn’t take on jobs (which is a shame imo)

Ah I missed those comments, shame he’s just a hobbyist, I liked what he did.

John_73, didn’t know you could talk to other YouTubers, but am not a member anyway.

Here is why I was interested in the “oldgit”. Although the purists won’t like it, my amps have been modded for modern day use, with sympathetically upgraded electronics. But you can see why I was interested in the YouTube video!
As an aside, these amps sound fantastic. They are driving Dynaudio Anniversary Special 40’s easily with a Chord Dave in pre-amp mode.

Here is why I was interested in the “oldgit”. Although the purists won’t like it, my amps have been modded for modern day use, with sympathetically upgraded electronics. But you can see why I was interested in the YouTube video!
As an aside, these amps sound fantastic. They are driving Dynaudio Anniversary Special 40’s easily with a Chord Dave in pre-amp mode.

Ah, my pics didn’t load up!

advertisement

Back