advertisement

[WTD] Quad ESL 57 Widgets

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer par excellence
As per the title anyone got a pair of these they want to move on .

Last edited:
How dare you I would never own anything made by Apple . Android does it all on its own . Sorry about the error .

The ESL 57 has a crossover impedance dip to under 1 Ohm this can cause issues with solid state amplifiers . The Widget smooth this dip and makes idealised for ss amps to cope without triggering speaker protection .

Apparently they even out the very odd impedance / frequency variations of the ESL57.

Not quite sure why this matters with a decent amp though.

Apparently they even out the very odd impedance / frequency variations of the ESL57.

Not quite sure why this matters with a decent amp though.
In most cases it does not matter at all . But if the amp that sounds the very best has a very sensitive speaker protection circuit then it can be an issue .

I thought i had this sorted but would appear not so still looking . Reason for asking for used is I would prefer to reuse/recycle if possible and many of us myself included have things in boxes drawers etc we are not using . if anyone has a set let me know .

I thought i had this sorted but would appear not so still looking . Reason for asking for used is I would prefer to reuse/recycle if possible and many of us myself included have things in boxes drawers etc we are not using . if anyone has a set let me know .
I think I have a pair , Will have a look and report back.

Thinking on these were made by Albarry Music ( Neil Burnett ? RIP ) to work with the M608 amps , So not sure they would be any good for you ?

advertisement

Back