advertisement

Quad Classic Integrated-KT66 replacements

DAVEDWACK

pfm Member
Help!

I've just discovered a dead KT66 and even worse I really don't know if I've caused it myself or not. Prior to spotting it I'd re-plugged in my Cambridge Bluray player (power cable had become dislodged after me faffing around behind the cabinet). This was whilst the amp was switched on, there was no pop that I heard so dunno really.

Anyway I suppose this would be a good time to replace all 4 of the Kt66 output valves since the amp is a few years old now, unless somebody is able to suggest an alternative, be that a pair rather than a full quad since cheaper is always acceptable to me.

Assuming a new set, what would you suggest as good value, from your experience and where to buy from, bearing in mind I'm quite desperate to get fixed up. The current valves are as supplied by Quad "Tung Sol". Should I just but a new set op those perhaps?

Thanks for any help with this.

Cheers.....Dave

Hi,
Thanks very much for that.

I've been doing a bit of searching and found I can get a matched quad of Tung-Sol from Hot Rox UK for £96 which seems to be very reasonable to me. I can then keep the remaining 3 originals as spares.

Cheers......Dave

advertisement

Back