advertisement

Quad 77 cd player not reading some discs

Hi Folks.
I have a quad 77 cd player (77 pre and 707 power amp into meadowlark kestrel hot rod is the rest) and I have an issue.
The cd player is not reading some discs. Some it is fine with and immediately recognises and plays, others take 15 seconds and registers err.
I have tried a brand new original laser (not a cheap copy) and it is EXACTLY the same. Does anyone have any experience with this issue and can offer some advice.
Warmest regards
John

'Not reading discs' or 'NRD' is a common fault with older CD players (and indeed some more recent ones!). As you have already tried component substitution I would contact Quad and see if they will have a look at it for you. They do try to service Quad equipment of any vintage wherever they can. It is possible that someone on here may offer to help too. That player is 'old' in CD terms (late 90's) but as you have the matching amps I can see why you want to get it sorted if at all possible. Best of luck.

There was a chip change back in the day. I had mine done at Huntingdon but as suggested if you call them they may be able to tell you whether it has been done.
Jim

advertisement

Back