advertisement

[FS] Quad 33 Pre - Recapped & Serviced, Excellent

Grog

pfm Member
Next in the clear out is a lovely 33 Pre-amp, it's an early one, serial number just 849 !
cosmetically it's excellent and original, there are a coupe of small marks in the paint to the top panel, but very slight.
there is a tiny bit of dust/fluff on the front panel in the photo's it's not a scratch!

the infamous switch suppressor has been replaced with a more reliable Rifa one,
the Electrolytics are replaced with Panasonic for Audio types, a couple of Nichicon where appropriate.
polystyrene caps have replaced most of the poor quality ceramics, but the Original Quad Film caps have been retained where they are still good.
resistors which are outside spec have been replaced with high quality good sounding types,
this has all the Dada recommended updates for reliability.
I have full service and instruction manuals etc. (non original)

perversely I have all of the components removed, so if any one wants the originals they are welcome to them!

£180 which is much less than the cost to service one to this condition

quad%2033-6.jpg

quad%2033-4.jpg

quad%2033-3.jpg

quad%2033-9.jpg

quad%2033-5.jpg

quad%2033.jpg

quad%2033-8.jpg

quad%2033-7.jpg

quad%2033-2.jpg

Still available.
since the rebuild, the sound seems to have more space and headroom,
it still maintains everything i loved about the original, but without the background haze,
of course the reliability is much better, channel matching, noise, clicks etc all much improved,
this should run for decades without any intervention,

this is not a 'modified' example, more of a good-as-new but subtly better example.
a Quad 33 on a really good day you could say
I still have all the old components, which can be included, although not sure why anyone would want to! a lot of the resistors were fairly far from the centre spec, some out of tolerance.

advertisement

Back