advertisement

QSound

Isobarik

pfm Member
I have a couple, Sting, The Soul Cages and Roger Waters The Final Cut.
Sounded brilliant on my Kef C95's but never been able to capture the QSound on any other loudspeakers I've owned.
Perhaps it was due to the Uni-Q drivers in the Kef's?

QSound was an interesting effect, but one that relies very much on phase/timing accuracy of a system to work and is especially effective on headphones as it is mainly trying to fake/emulate binaural mic techniques. The Kefs being a point-source will stand a far better chance than most speakers here.

Yeah, I have The Soul Cages and Madonna Immaculate Collection which are both brilliant.
The effect does work on some systems and in some rooms better than others.

I have a couple, Sting, The Soul Cages and Roger Waters The Final Cut.
Sounded brilliant on my Kef C95's but never been able to capture the QSound on any other loudspeakers I've owned.
Perhaps it was due to the Uni-Q drivers in the Kef's?
Isn’t it Amused to Death in Q sound?

Isn’t it Amused to Death in Q sound?
I think it was both, Bob. I remember listening to the Final Cut through the old Mission 770's in my then local HiFi shop, sounds appearing well out of the enclosures.
Bought the 770's 'which I still have' purchased the record later.
Europe made the album Prisoners in Paradise in Q Sound too.

Last edited:
Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking- Roger Waters sounded superb through headphones and especially ESL63s

Madonna - The Immaculate Collection was good on some tracks and odd on others; I preferred the vinyl to the CD

As an effect it may not have been as good as Ambisonics but you didn't need extra equipment to enjoy.

advertisement

Back