advertisement

Qobuz New Subscriptions

zippy

pfm Member
Just had an email from Qobuz with an offer to upgrade my 'hifi/cd' subscription to Studio Premiere for £149.99.
They will refund the months remaining on the current subscription.
As far as I can see that's a no-brainer, I'll be getting higher res for less money.

My only minor reservation is that when I've tried hi-res recordings I have sometimes found them a little harsher than CD quality, but I've just taken up the offer anyway with fingers crossed.
I do note on the Qobuz confirmation that I cannot cancel this new subscription until my year is up.

I’ve just bumped up to that as well - I had been on the base MP3 subscription for £100 a year (I buy the CDs I really like).

£149 annually for CD/HiRes is a no brainier though. Let’s hope they’re stable enough to last that long, and keep that offer rolling.

Quboz have emailed me saying that the Monthly sub is going up to 14.99 but for that I get the hires version. So far I have avoided running so called hi-res - it will be interesting to see what I think. But as HFN & RR point out in their reviews - many so called hires recordings are nothing of the sort - a lot are just upsampled old files. For a home user like me, how on earth can we tell that a particular file is a genuine hires?

Just got my trial month. Never used Qobuz. Just using my phone into a Chromecast and out to the system. Sounds good. Discovering Agnes Obel at the moment. Very pleased.

Anyone else upgrading an existing account, and using Roon - there’s a minor bug. In order to select the HiRes streaming option, you’ll need to sign out and back in (otherwise it’ll only offer MP3/CD options).

Sublime plus has been offered at £249.99.

Still a bit pricey. I guess i need to obtain all those downloads i require and then drop down a level.

Anyone else upgrading an existing account, and using Roon - there’s a minor bug. In order to select the HiRes streaming option, you’ll need to sign out and back in (otherwise it’ll only offer MP3/CD options).

Thanks for the heads-up. I've just done this, with no issues. Now have the full hi-res option available to me, so I'll have a proper listen this evening.

Cancelled my Qobuz subscription on the 16th! ..... then received the notification regarding the new pricing so have cancelled my new Tidal subscription and cancelled my cancellation with Qobuz ..... I think! o_O:confused:

Thanks for the heads-up. I've just done this, with no issues. Now have the full hi-res option available to me, so I'll have a proper listen this evening.
That's something to watch for - on Bubble UPnP I was also getting only CD quality at first until I realised I had to go into the Qobuz\settings menu and manually change to hi-res.

advertisement

Back