advertisement

Qobuz library and sequencing in BluOs

Garth

pfm Member
I am wondering how folks out there who use Qobuz with a BlueSound product are dealing with the issue of BluOs not being able to sequence Qobuz music libraries. Everything is sequenced by the date the album or artist was added to Qobuz favourites which is, of course, completely useless for trying to find things.

I don't have roon and don't want to pay for it.

Thanks,
Garth

I think the short answer is that they just put up with it.
Bluesound has many pluses but the lack of integration with Qobuz etc. is not one of them.

I don't think it's on BluOS as that problem exists with other 3rd party apps too. I suspect the Qobuz API is the problem.

BluOS app is totally s***t and also Qobuz API …

I’m hoping in Qobuz Connect but I will not wait forever (Tidal Hi-FI is even cheaper…)

I decide what I want to play on Qobuz and then stream it through the Node. Works perfectly and it’s all I need to do.

Do you mean that after deciding what you want to listen to using the Qobuz app that you then go into the BluOS app and stream it from there? Or is there a way you can stream directly from the Qobuz app to your node? If so, that would be wonderful!

Sorry I’m quite new to the Node. I primarily set it up to play Qobuz so I set up music services or whatever it’s called on the Node and just choose Qobuz stuff on BluOS. I’m guessing that doesn’t do what you’d like but I don’t have favourites or playlists. Otherwise, I do much the same on a MacBook Pro using either the Qobuz desktop app or Audirvana.

Sorry I’m quite new to the Node. I primarily set it up to play Qobuz so I set up music services or whatever it’s called on the Node and just choose Qobuz stuff on BluOS. I’m guessing that doesn’t do what you’d like but I don’t have favourites or playlists. Otherwise, I do much the same on a MacBook Pro using either the Qobuz desktop app or Audirvana.
I think you're setting the bar pretty low there but I guess if that's all you need then that's fine.
Most subscribers (I would have thought) want to build up a library of favourite artists, albums etc and then be able to access them by a simple search facility on the Node.
As the OP said Bluesound offers no such facility and basically just gives you a long list of artists, albums etc in exactly the order that you've added them on the Qobuz app.
If I didn't have any local files/network shares and was using the Node just to stream Qobuz I don't think I'd be keeping it long.

I guess we all choose stuff differently. I'd hate having 'favourites' since I'd probably only listen to them. Also, my brain still functions sufficiently to know what my favourites are in my head. Playlists don't interest me unless I'm throwing a party. Rather like my CDs and records, Audirvana does sort alphabetically - I don't even sort by genre, just dive in on a random letter. I'm sure it's an age thing - I play whole albums no matter the format.

I have the same problem with KEF Connect if that's any consolation. It's the reason I got Tidal instead of Qobuz. Tidal offers both album sorting in the KEF app and of course Tidal Connect. I could use Chromecast but not being gapless is a no go. Qobuz have been teasing their Connect solution for years so who knows if it ever materializes.

advertisement

Back