advertisement

QNAP uPNP players

Evening all - I've been using Asset 4.5 for about a year and was wonder if anyone has used this and found something a bit better? There's a sequence I cant find which is 'recently uploaded' (Meridian MC200 had this) which allows you to choose albums by the date to downloaded and uploaded to your server.

Am I being stupid, does Asset have such a command or do you know of any uPNP that does?

The answer is roon "sort by date added" but you might not want to hear that.

13433197_10154303445452009_3421604073376694050_o.jpg

makes asset (and other UPnP) look like MS-DOS

13415537_10154303445447009_5947225762049793628_o.jpg

SJB

In the Naim app, running Asset, go to playlists and you'll find a new albums option. If you remove the a-z option at the top of the app they will be there, in reverse order of addition. This is probably what you are after.

2e921a78c202ec5bc015a969cd59f3c5.jpg

Evening all - I've been using Asset 4.5 for about a year and was wonder if anyone has used this and found something a bit better? There's a sequence I cant find which is 'recently uploaded' (Meridian MC200 had this) which allows you to choose albums by the date to downloaded and uploaded to your server.

Am I being stupid, does Asset have such a command or do you know of any uPNP that does?

I recently tried several types of music server software and after using asset I found them all unsatisfactory (too complex, didn't too what I wanted, etc).

In the end I was able to configure Asset to do what I wanted by adding a new folder (Library) to the browse configuration and then bulk editing my music files to include that as a ID-tag.

Unfortunately I think all the Asset browsing is controlled by the tag, and unless you want to create a new tag and edit in the value for every file, then I can't see it doing what you want.

There is a 'list by release date' in the Asset browser which I often use and may be of some use - it's in the advanced search subsection.

pYL5ioH.png

advertisement

Back