advertisement

[WTD] PT TOO

Apart from wall warts, did PT ever sell more than one?
So far as I recall, they only ever made the battery supply for the Anni' and then slightly rehashed and produced for the Linnk. This has only ever had great reviews.

I believe the reliability of PT power supplies is questionable, certainly the Pink Linnk I bought for my LP12 was temperamental and eventually failed requiring me to take it to Charle at True Point

certainly the Pink Linnk I bought for my LP12 was temperamental and eventually failed

That is the first comment to that effect that I have ever heard or seen in print.

I bought mine new, so 30-35 years old now? It needed a new battery 10 years or so ago, hardly a surprise, and I had to recap it maybe 5 years ago, again, hardly a surprise - that cost me less than £5 I would guess - there aren't many and they are all small.

That PSU apart, I don't beleive there were any others.

Avinunca.. Yes that is correct, the 'sandwich' sub-chassis was standard in the Anni from the off - mine was quite an early sample.

Oh, and re. the PSU's. My original Anni PSU worked flawlessly for over 30 years and was still ok when I replaced it with the Midas.

The sub-chassis is modified with a layer of balsa but I think other damping solutions / materials can be used. Not sure what was used on the Anni sub-chassis.

You can make a significant difference to the original Aerolam simply by stretching a turntable belt around the periphery.

That's interesting cobbers. Do you have any more PT tuning tips please?

The original PT1 came fitted with a strap around the aerolam, but it was unreliable and failed/fell off - oh dear, we're talking PT again.........

I cut a length of rubber from a dud tyre inner-tube, glued it to just under-size and fitted that.

The "routine" upgrade is/are the armboards - lots of debate about those, available on VE.

The "routine" upgrade is/are the armboards - lots of debate about those, available on VE.

Mine originally came with the folded metal - bought an MDF one:oops: - made DIY CF/balsa/ally laminate:) - bought and still using honeycomb:):).

Easy to make flat ones - just 100mm square with appropriate spacers to get the height.

I have now said yes to an offer for a PT TOO so hopefully my "want" is now fulfilled. As this is going to be a year plus project I will be dipping in and out of various PT threads and if anyone's interested I will make occasional posts on my progress as I to try and make the best PT TT I can.
Onward & upwards :D

advertisement

Back