advertisement

Project Binky ep35

David,

Didn't realise you were a follower? I'm also waiting for the next episode of 'Escargot' - very interested in how they push the 7.5T rules.

Regards

Richard

Love binky, having fully restored Cars for an occupation and for personal use it’s refreshing to watch the genuine vast amount of work involved rather than the usual 30min YouTube vid showing parts thrown at a rebuild to get that cheap buzz of likes & subscribes, leave those sort of disposable thrills to folk that have no appreciation for genuine engineering excellence and mechanical knowledge/application.

Oh wow, can’t wait. Love Binky and Escargot. Binge watched from 1 to 32 and waiting for the last few have been torture. Can’t imagine what watching them live from 1 must have been like.

It will be a beautiful ornament, well documented and loved by many.

It’s a bit like all the work Linn put into the Keel in 2006 at a time when the vinyl resurgence was still a decade away.

Like two fingers up to common sense, let’s engineer something amazing anyways.

Just started binge-watching this. Funny and astonishing levels of skill/attention to detail. I’m still somewhat puzzled as to why they wanted to do it in the first place though!

..because it can be done. It is not intended to make any sense. Past Mini owners who may well have shoved rather more power into a mini or two which results in broken A-series engine and gearbox parts look on with wistful thoughts (cough). And it is just the right side of ludicrous-

'oh, look I have a japanese turbocharged 4x4 sports car drive train;

I see a rusty minishell.

I wonder if it will be friends with me..?'

at which point the watching petunias say 'wtf is this ?'

Funniest joke so far is the episode when the said they’d decided not to fit a turbo.

Then changed their minds for ‘safety’

Oh and Nik making turbo wastegate noises whilst pretending to drive it.

advertisement

Back