advertisement

Proac Studio SM100 vs ATC SCM11

ryder

pfm Member
Has anyone compared the Proac Studio SM100 to the ATC SCM11. I am not exactly looking at comments such as "I prefer this over that" or "this sounds better than that" but more specific analysis or description on the differences between the two speakers.

I understand there are many variables involved such as the equipment they are attached to, the size of the room etc. that will affect the sound or performance of the speakers. Let's assume that both speakers are optimised by placement in the room, driven by competent amps. Perhaps both speakers driven by the same amplifier, source or cables. Questions as follows:-

1. Which speaker sounds airier and more open? To rephrase it in another way, which speaker throws a larger and more expansive sound which fills the entire room irrespective of room size. A speaker that sounds more effortless and less restrained with music just pouring out from the speakers with ease.

2. Which speaker sounds leaner or brighter and which sounds darker or warmer? Although both may reproduce music in a truthful manner, I believe there will be relative differences between the two speakers when both are compared.

3. Bass quality. Which speaker has a more articulate bass response? An accurate and clear bass when music gets busy.

4. Bass response, depth and punch. Which speaker goes lower in the bass. To rephrase it in another way, which speaker produces more bass.

5. Which speaker sounds more balanced and engaging to you. Yes, I know it's subjective.

Any insight would be appreciated.

advertisement

Back