advertisement

Printing - Photo books

MO!

MOnkey`ead
I've used photobox to create albums before with their a4 hardcover books, but has anyone any experience of others that are worth considering too?

There's a big article in AG magazine about a supposed new pro section of Blurb books, with ICC profiles and softproofing available, using a dedicated HP matt photo printer. I'm buying the mag soon, and I'll let you know what it says.

I'll bring it Friday. It sounds promising. I want to try and get a book myself done early in the New Year.

Thanks. Just had a look on their site and looks good.

The photobox offering did nicely for putting some holiday snaps together. Lots of options for lay out and decent quality prints. However, I'd like something in a different format to the a4 (landscape) they do.

Have you used them (blurb) for anything before?

No, I've never used them. But there was a flurry of similar enquiries about digitally printed books on photo.net, and Blurb seemed to be the most commonly mentioned solution. If this pro version works, it should be as good as anything else I've seen.

The standard Blurb books I've seen are pretty good, MO, certainly good enough for all but the most demanding/fussy of jobs.

This pro option definitely sounds like an option to help put an end to my prevarications about my own book, especially if the upfront costs are reasonable.

hello

I have had a book printed by Blurb.I did it as a present for my girlfriend. I think it had 20 pages of the smallest size. the quality was very good, some of the photographs came out a little too dark for my liking so next time i will tweak them.

Very easy to use, download the software and drag and drop. Delivery times were okay too.

Does getting a book done via the cheaper U.S. based Blurb, as opposed to the more expensive European Bob Books (and all the others, but Bob looks the closest to Blurb in quality) trigger all the import duty VAT/Royal Mail customs fee going down to the sorting office nonsense that you get with other imports about about £15, or are books treated differently?

palp

advertisement

Back