advertisement

[FS] Primare Pre32 with MM30 media board.

eisenach

pfm Member
I've had this since around 2015 (in fact I've got two !), and it's only for sale because I've just bought a Pre60.

It's a great preamplifier, fully balanced, with two XLR inputs and an XLR output. There are four further RCA inputs and a RCA output. One of the RCA inputs can be configured as home theatre pass through.

The mm30 media board adds a DAC with toslink and coax inputs, up sampled to 192kHz and a coax digital output at 192khz. It also has a USB input for computer type sources, and is a dnla streamer. It connects to the internet via WLAN (WiFi) and/or LAN.

The original Primare app is still available for Apple, though the android app is no longer easily available. Bubble UPnP does everything necessary for everyday use. The display is customisable either by using the front panel controls, or more easily, the app. All setup can be done from the front panel, too.

The one I'm selling is in Titanium/silver and is in good condition, with just some marks on the top plate. The display is still bright. If you really want it in black, I could be persuaded to part with the otherwise identical preamp from the second system.

https://www.primare.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/PRE32UserGuide1.pdf

https://www.primare.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/I32-MM30-User-Guide.pdf

Photos to follow.

£1 000.

Ask if you just want the mm30. I have the blanking plate for the pre32, so it could be removed and sold separately.

I suppose delivery could be arranged, but would much prefer collection from north Herefordshire (that's near Wales !) or a meet somewhere reasonable, say within 60 miles.

Last edited:
Photos. I tried to shew the marks on the top plate, without great success.

PXL-20230811-095036527-PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL-20230811-094152310.jpg

PXL-20230811-094154976.jpg

PXL-20230811-094236034.jpg

PXL-20230811-094249823.jpg

PXL-20230811-094557355-PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL-20230811-094605733-PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL-20230811-094626750-PORTRAIT.jpg

It is boxed, with all original packaging.

These are lovely (I have one which I use on my Pass Labs Aleph).

IIRC they were designed by an ex-Pass designer.

The only thing to watch out for is that the box is pretty deep for a pre - ie it goes back aways.

Have a bump.

These are lovely (I have one which I use on my Pass Labs Aleph).

IIRC they were designed by an ex-Pass designer.

The only thing to watch out for is that the box is pretty deep for a pre - ie it goes back aways.

Have a bump.

Thanks.
It is indeed a big piece of equipment, especially front to back.

I didn't know about the Pass Labs association. Great sound, and hugely flexible, which is why it's lasted 8 (trouble free) years in my system and is only being moved on for it's bigger brother.

Gosh ! How things drop down the pages !
New week, new readership (I hope !) and open to sensible offers.

Thank you !

The Pre32 is already very good, so I wasn't expecting that much from the Pre60, given that I was already using the A60 power amp

Perhaps I should put this in the what's the last bit of hifi you've bought to thread, but it's completely overturned my hierarchy of sources. Maybe that says something about the quality of the DAC, which is pretty much the same as the mm30 board, but ...

... analogue output from the CD player beats streaming from the nas and the melco via USB, which wasn't the case before.

... FM radio (3) sounds sublime if you can forgive the limiters, which you can hear working.

... LP, which I was about to give up on, has dominated my listening since I bought the 60.

I'd say it's pretty good ! :)

Thank you !

The Pre32 is already very good, so I wasn't expecting that much from the Pre60, given that I was already using the A60 power amp

Perhaps I should put this in the what's the last bit of hifi you've bought to thread, but it's completely overturned my hierarchy of sources. Maybe that says something about the quality of the DAC, which is pretty much the same as the mm30 board, but ...

... analogue output from the CD player beats streaming from the nas and the melco via USB, which wasn't the case before.

... FM radio (3) sounds sublime if you can forgive the limiters, which you can hear working.

... LP, which I was about to give up on, has dominated my listening since I bought the 60.

I'd say it's pretty good ! :)

Well that’s reinforced my hankering for a complete Scandi system of Bergmann Magne, Ortofon Cadenza black, Pre60/A60, top Dynaudios of some description…

I wish, really having a very expensive time caring for my daughter right now… this is gorgeous though, love Primare kit!

Add in £2.5k and I'll throw in a pair of ATC SCM20 Active Towers along with 5m xlr cables so I can buy the Ruarks just down the road from me.

A great minimalist system if you stream either from the net or from a NAS.

Add in another £1000 and I'll sell you a Melco N1A EX (2x 3TB) with dedicated USB out and Chord usb cable. I'll even avoid a factory reset. ;)

advertisement

Back