advertisement

Primaluna; Dick Olshler...

Agree with Dick on the Dialogue premium pre...had one for over 5 years now... never put a foot wrong . IMO one of the best preamps I've heard. Was gonna upgrade tae Evo 300, then thought, ah'll get someone tae upgrade some parts , e.g. capacitors, ( follow the Hungarian guy (who's name I cannot remember.) Much, much cheaper that way.

no link either...:cool:

Just found the link for caps upgrade...Zsolt András, using V-Cap CuTF capacitors...https://www.v-cap.com/zsolt-andrasy-primaluna-dialog-premium.php

Agree with Dick on the Dialogue premium pre...had one for over 5 years now... never put a foot wrong . IMO one of the best preamps I've heard. Was gonna upgrade tae Evo 300, then thought, ah'll get someone tae upgrade some parts , e.g. capacitors, ( follow the Hungarian guy (who's name I cannot remember.) Much, much cheaper that way.

no link either...:cool:

Just found the link for caps upgrade...Zsolt András, using V-Cap CuTF capacitors...https://www.v-cap.com/zsolt-andrasy-primaluna-dialog-premium.php
Do you use it with a valve power amplifier?
They look quite easy to modify to a better spec like u say.
Like the idea of the dual mono....

Their pres are pretty decent and good value for money. I repaired one recently where the power supply board started shorting. Only the pre section is point to point wired. Caps can be usefully upgraded as said above for improved performance.

Do you use it with a valve power amplifier?
They look quite easy to modify to a better spec like u say.
Like the idea of the dual mono....
Had the Dialogue pre with a pair of Dialogue 6s , upgraded the 6s to a pair of Evo 400 monos, which reminds me that I must get the 6s into the classifieds.
The Evo 400s are a big step up and will be my last amp purchase, along with my Tannoy Speakers. In fact , cannot see me replacing anything . Have not heard anything better, even stuff costing 3/4 times more. Ah know I have all that I’ll need for the next 20/30 years which’ll see me oot…Am a contented punter, no greed, no jealousy, just a happy music lover.:cool:

They say no pcb's. Are the components on the green boards hard wired to each other like a Leak Stereo 20?

advertisement

Back