advertisement

Prices not shown in websites.

Tony Lockhart

Avoiding Stress, at Every Opportunity
It's starting to get on my nerves now. More and more websites aren't showing the prices of their products or services, or they bury the prices somewhere deep, out of view.
I'm pretty much telling myself now that if it's difficult or impossible to find a price, I'm going elsewhere. Why should the cost of upgrading some streaming software be a secret? Or require me to take the 'free' trial in order to find it?

Equally as frustrating when you buy an item or service from a (presumably) VAT registered company on a forum or Facebook they'll only send you the cost via PM. Therefore nobody else knows how much anyone is being charged for anything.

Why all the secrecy?

Just had it. Acronis backup, free trial or button which says £65 buy now. Click that and it's actually over £500. The £65 is per month but not available on a monthly basis. Timewasting w**kers.

It is inevitable that this will happen more frequently. I ordered a new shower yesterday and my wife had conducted the research. Reduced from £700 to just under £500 and she was going to buy it. After very little effort I found it for £220. The first price was a rip-off but the price I paid may have been a loss leader.

And then there are the shipping costs that will only be revealed after creating an account. PITA!

Just had it. Acronis backup, free trial or button which says £65 buy now. Click that and it's actually over £500. The £65 is per month but not available on a monthly basis. Timewasting w**kers.
Really? I have Acronis, which includes a backup facility. I think I paid something around £65 for it. Is yours perhaps business use?

Really? I have Acronis, which includes a backup facility. I think I paid something around £65 for it. Is yours perhaps business use?
Yes, I've got a web server so it needs a business license. I've actually got Acronis backup on the server backing up locally, but would like to send the backups offsite into the cloud. Seems very expensive to do that for business use, but still looking.

And then there are the shipping costs that will only be revealed after creating an account. PITA!

This is the one where I lose it.....drives me bonkers.

All I want to find out is the total end cost to me of buying said product from someone and I have to fill in all my details before finding out something as simple as the postage charges. You have to put in your delivery details, billing address, financial details including card numbers before they tell you the delivery charges.

I have lost count of the sites that have lost my business over just that detail.... because as soon as the site try to lead me down that path I delete the site and move on to another.

Why do they do it?..... they must see stats on people who put things in their 'basket' , go on to checkout and then don't complete the purchase .

(rant over...I feel a little lighter for that )

I sell expensive stuff and insist that prices are on my website and delivery is totally free.

It pays dividends to be transparent and gives a customer confidence in evaluating affordability of products from the outset.

On the opposite I bought some topsoil this am and I had to place the order online, then the seller called me back with the delivery price and took payment over the phone!! How archaic is that!!

I sell expensive stuff and insist that prices are on my website and delivery is totally free.

It pays dividends to be transparent and gives a customer confidence in evaluating affordability of products from the outset.

On the opposite I bought some topsoil this am and I had to place the order online, then the seller called me back with the delivery price and took payment over the phone!! How archaic is that!!

You will be posting cheques next !

Did you pay for it out of your directors’ loam account?

advertisement

Back