advertisement

President Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is surely the only thing on her mind right now. Stuff the politics...the President is coming after me....

Anyone not read this book below should go and find one and read it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Plot_Against_America

"The Plot Against America is a novel by Philip Roth published in 2004. It is an alternative history in which Franklin Delano Roosevelt is defeated in the presidential election of 1940 by Charles Lindbergh. The novel follows the fortunes of the Roth family during the Lindbergh presidency, as antisemitism becomes more accepted in American life and Jewish-American families like the Roths are persecuted on various levels. The narrator and central character in the novel is the young Philip, and the care with which his confusion and terror are rendered makes the novel as much about the mysteries of growing up as about American politics. Roth based his novel on the isolationist ideas espoused by Lindbergh in real life as a spokesman for the America First Committee and his own experiences growing up in Newark, New Jersey. The novel depicts the Weequahic section of Newark which includes Weequahic High School from which Roth graduated."

Well if it follows the brexit pattern none of his lying promises to the racist, misoginist bigots that voted for him will actually happen.
It wouldn't surprise me if even today some spokesman says the wall was metaphorical as was re-opening the mines and factories. Lining his pockets will be a little more literal I expect.

Of course much of his rhetoric will not come to pass.

But you have an ultra right wing Republican President with Republican control of both houses. That is not a recipe for anything other than instability and increased inequality across the planet.

This is surely the only thing on her mind right now. Stuff the politics...the President is coming after me....

He`s not the president until January - Obama can still give her diplomatic immunity or absolution or some other get out of jail free card.

It was wrong of Hillary not to address her supporters however hard it was for her to do it.

Polls eh

Couldn't help but giggle when i turned on the tv this morning, i know i shouldn't,
i imagine the blame & ridicule will follow, as above, the usual brexit stance, blame everyone & everything apart from the real protagonists, easier to take the well trodden route of the flock.

I imagine the press are doing hand stands.

When I was a student in London in the early '70s, the Governor of California, one Ronald Reagan, was widely reviled & mocked as an evil, right-wing redneck. "Ronald Raygun" they called him at Woodstock...

Yet he ended up being possibly the best US president since JFK...

Two national votes with shock outcomes, this one & Brexit : in the final analysis, the majority are so totally fed up with BS politicians, they will try almost anything different...

When I was a student in London in the early '70s, the Governor of California, one Ronald Reagan, was widely reviled & mocked as an evil, right-wing redneck. "Ronald Raygun" they called him at Woodstock...

Yet he ended up being possibly the best US president since JFK...

Two national votes with shock outcomes, this one & Brexit : in the final analysis, the majority are so totally fed up with BS politicians, they will try almost anything different...
Nail on the head

We have two of his golf courses here in Scotland. We may be safe.

In the past, Presidents with business interests overseas, in order to avoid influencing decisions, and conflict of interest, have placed them in a 'blind trust' whilst in office.

Trump's sons have been interviewed on US TV, saying "We'll handle this. Dad won't be involved, so it'll be fine"

"But that's not a Blind Trust", says the news anchor.

"It's OK, Dad won't be involved", says the son

(Paraphrased a bit, but...)

It was wrong of Hillary not to address her supporters however hard it was for her to do it.

Tells me nothing new about this woman's character. Seriously: fcuk her.

(The above comment in no way constitutes an endorsement of the President-elect).

Tragedy, devastated blah blah blah, ...none of this changes much for us little people. We are oppressed, we have always been oppressed, we will continue to be oppressed. People are clearly fed up of being oppressed and see hope in anything that is not part of the establishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back