advertisement

Preferred way to control streamer

Vinyl is my medium choice but streaming is just so good for finding new music and trying stuff before you purchase physical medium, should you wish to do so.

I’m now starting to think about improving my digital replay as a lot of new vinyl is disappointing. I’ve got a lot of vinyl already but I’m starting to get choosy about what I buy now.

Cheers BB

I use a laptop to control a headless dedicated desktop. I browse with iTunes (I have yet to find a better browser) and then drag-drop into HQPlayer.

I miss flipping CD covers.

Very pleased with Roon and iPad here. Variety of endpoints throughout the house, mostly Airplay.

Using an SGC Sonicorbitor i5 as my core, and installed Sonore Bridge so that Roon can use my UPnP-based Naim NDS as an endpoint.

I really like open it up the Innuos Sense app & quickly browsing by artist or genre, always find something I’ve not listened to in ages. I find I listening to more of my collection, also, Bandcamp is great, instant downloads available.

An iPhone is my favourite controller. It’s used with Airplay and native apps like BBC Sounds, Spotify and TIDAL to my headless Allo DigiOne player, which is hard-wired to the network and running Volumio or Moode most of the time.

I do have CD playback and bit-perfect FLAC ripping set up too, which can all be controlled via phone browser, but to be honest, I rarely bother unless it’s not available on Spotify or TIDAL.

LMS with Material skin via an Rasp Pi/ Allo / Picore set up.
From a Kindle, I Phone, Macbook and more - anywhere that gets to the web interface.
Even my non tech wife who is approaching the 70's age can operate it.

iPad for my digital stuff. Lightning DS for the Auralic & Squuezepad for the Touch upstairs.

Roon with various iPads/iPhones/laptops acting as controllers of a Nuc that serves to various streamers around the house. Absolutely love the Roon interface, and greatly enjoy the consistency of experience regardless of which streamer / endpoint I’m using.

I had missed that Roon have Apple Watch capability so will have a look at that - thanks!

advertisement

Back