advertisement

Precision engineering company required

flatpopely

Prog Rock/Moderator
Hello everyone.

We are now actively looking to get an engineering company on board that can produce small (initially) batches of the RubiKon.

Does anyone on here own such a company or know of one that they could recommend.

Thanks.

andrew dot popely at audioflat dot co dot uk

(Oh and no recommendations for Castle Engineering in Scotland before some wag does so :D)

Do you know university lab technician or engineering, product design students? They have access to millions of quids worth of gear for nowt. I know you are launching a professional product but for initial production numbers it can be useful.

Another one (in Edinburgh) that it's at least worth asking the question of. They do a lot of short-run stuff but may be expensive

http://www.amtltd.co.uk/index.html

A spin off from my current employer when we were known as Ferranti -- AMT remain one of our preferred suppliers along with Castle and a few others who I can't remember off the top of my head :(

I had contacts in Switzerland who made the equipment for the engineering companies, which meant they got their trainees to turn out product as part of their training programme - if you have a limited run of x items in mind I can potentially work a deal for you, but you'd need to factor in shipping costs too.

Richard

I had contacts in Switzerland who made the equipment for the engineering companies, which meant they got their trainees to turn out product as part of their training programme - if you have a limited run of x items in mind I can potentially work a deal for you, but you'd need to factor in shipping costs too.

Richard

Hi Richard.

Thanks for this but I want it to be UK based for logistical reasons moving forward.

Thanks.

Andrew.

Andrew

One I've used recently (and am pleased with the results, much better than ine of my previous suppliers)

Marches Precision Engineers Ltd
CompanyType : Precision Engineers
Unit 2/3 Marshbrook Business Park, Marshbrook, Church Stretton, Shropshire, SY6 6QE
Telephone: 01694 781581, Contact Gary Marches

Thanks everyone.

I have enough companies to go on now and will report what happens. Thanks to all those who took the time to help out, much appreciated.

Andrew.

advertisement

Back