advertisement

power distribution blocks...

I bought one, a six way UK plug. It's not too bad; mostly plastic and the kind of thing you'd expect in the back of a network rack. Worth just shy of £20.

They seem to cheap to be safe? ( I am a suspicious bugger…)

Wondering if the “PDU C14/C20 Inlet to IEC C13/C19/UK Sockets Power Distribution Units Horizontal”

Would it be ok to use with Naim equipment, as in is it possible to dismantle to enable a star earthing path inside it?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
They seem to cheap to be safe? ( I am a suspicious bugger…)

Wondering if the “PDU C14/C20 Inlet to IEC C13/C19/UK Sockets Power Distribution Units Horizontal”

Would it be ok to use with Naim equipment, as in is it possible to dismantle to enable a star earthing path inside it?
Bear in mind this is network rack application and not hifi tax! I bought it because of its size and it's now behind my rack so I can't see whether it can be opened up - I reckon it could though. There were Olsen power strips on eBay which could be perfect for you; I'll see if I can find the link.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Thanks, that’s what I’ve been looking at (10 way blocks) over the weekend, but just had a moment when I saw the link, then a realisation that these blocks are far too cheap?

There seems to be quite a variety on eBay - some are 6amp, some 10amp - Is the 6amp acceptable for multiple (8) audio units?

Cheap is relative isn't it? They service racks that are powered on 24/7 so should be suitable for what we need them for.

I only have low draw units plugged into mine; DAC, CD player etc. The amp is plugged into another block.

The high draw units that I intend to use will be 2x HiCaps and a NAP250-2 - low draw - 282, NAPSC, CD5, Flatcap, NDX wondering if this is acceptable for a 6 amp 10 way strip?

I notice the original block linked is 10amp

advertisement

Back