advertisement

Power cable for Supercap

Bot Gabor

How important is the power cable for a supercap that powers the Nac-252?
Until now, my devices worked with Music Line/Naim Power, but for the Nap-300, I bought a Powerline cable, and for the dac and Innuos Zenith3, I got a Wireworld Silver Electra cable. Thus, I use only one of the 6 outputs of the Powerigel for the Supercap.Maybe I'd rather sell it and buy a power cable for the Supercap for the price, if that makes sense

I know nothing of Naim kit having never owned it. However up until May this year I was power cable agnostic using whatever I had to hand or could pick up dirt cheap. My view changed when I was loaned a couple of Puritan Classic Plus PCs for a week, these to my ears did make a positive sonic difference and I've subsequently bought a full loom of the Classic Plus.
If you get the chance I would say try a couple to see what they do for you. In the grand scheme of outlandish claims and prices for hifi related products these seem to do what they say on the tin at a 'sensible' price. They also have a returns & refund policy if your not satisfied.

+1 for Puritan.
The higher up the range you go, the better the benefit.

Experts may disagree but they worked for me as did the PS516

Power cables are super important. Without one your supercap won’t work.

I get mine from Lindy

I used to be a complete power cable agnostic until a customer brought me an expensive power cable (c £1000) to try when he was auditioning some of my WAVE Storm digital cables. I was quite staggered how much of a difference the power cable made to the sound and so was my potential customer. It was a pity that the difference was a worsening of the sound compared to the old LAT AC-2 cables I have in my system.

Anyway, I still have the old LAT cables and he bought a set of my Storm cables based on what he heard. I suspect he also went away to put his expensive power cable on eBay!

The question is, if the Supercap already sends a regenerated signal to the 252, does it make sense to feed the Supercap with a better cable?
In the case of a dac or source device, the improvement is clear, but here we are talking about an external power supply, the cable is not directly connected to the 252

to the OP, this is not the best forum, to say the least, to put up any cable-related enquiries, power cables included... - mostly, in relation with Naim :cool:

Actually, the question is not the power cable, or its type, but rather whether the supercap inserted between the nac-252 and the network alone solves the issue of the correct current

well, having read the headline and the explaining first post it didn't really come through as that being the point, but hey ;)

Actually, the question is not the power cable, or its type, but rather whether the supercap inserted between the nac-252 and the network alone solves the issue of the correct current
It may be best to edit the title to prevent any further confusion.

DG…

All my Supercaps came with standard power leads; some original, some not. With the vast assortment of ring mains add-on extensions, sockets (some with switches) fuses etc., I can't see what difference a metre or two of mains lead can make, unless its comparison was not in a pristine state.

A full radial circuit installation, esp. for Naim (i.m.e.) takes precedence in s.q. terms before spending hard-earned on ancillary mains leads. I once got enthused to fully equip with Russ Whatsisname twisted stuff to replace the old leads, mainly because I needed different lengths; they worked and have survived many changes of kit.

I've always had good experiences with quality power cables that plug directly into the device. For example. to dac, streamer. But in this case, the power cable only supplies power to the device's external power supply.Therefore, it is not certain that this is an effective development

advertisement

Back