advertisement

Post your Pi Project Pics :)

1607c0376d013dcbc564ba1d99ec102b0c76c331_2_486x1000.jpeg

Trying out USB connection for audio on the only vaguely unassigned Pi in the house which has been used otherwise with CamJam stuff and Scratch as an attempt at home learning.

Player name was piCarPlayer, obviously.

From what I read I thought both boards had DACs and the purpose of the wires in the photo I posted bridge the two DACs outputs together. It's unusual! But I am not sure yours is doing that unless you remove the RCA sockets and solder the two boards together like in the photo. The page for that item I believe refers to some mods to make it work.

It's surprising there's no documentation on that page because it seems to imply you can add more DACs yourself (several, as you mentioned) but it doesn't mention that they'd need to have wires soldered between them (blue wires in photos) for it to work. At least that's how it looks based on the photos from the product page.

Right now I believe the two DACs are only outputting (basically the same signal) to their own output. So basically one isn't doing anything. Might be worth emailing them to sanity check whether your setup is doing what it's supposed to.

l hope your right and am beginning to suspect you are. And, It will give me two hat dacs to sell! I’ve quickly got into Pi as streamer with the DAC downstream so this has got a bit left behind.

1607c0376d013dcbc564ba1d99ec102b0c76c331_2_486x1000.jpeg

Trying out USB connection for audio on the only vaguely unassigned Pi in the house which has been used otherwise with CamJam stuff and Scratch as an attempt at home learning.

Player name was piCarPlayer, obviously.

Most excellent!!

That's taking the notion of 'mobile media' and really running with it ;)

@mutty, yeh that's kinda end of the line for tweaking things. Sounds great, just looks like a 5hithouse.

Here is my simple project (Raspberry Pi 3 + Official touch display and case + IQaudIO dac), with a mod in the back of the case to allow an analog connection:

33666117366_a18a8c38f3.jpg

Music files (FLAC for the most part) stored on the two 128GB USB keys which are visible in the picture. All is powered (just) by a Raspberry Pi power supply.

Here is my simple project (Raspberry Pi 3 + Official touch display and case + IQaudIO dac), with a mod in the back of the case to allow an analog connection:

33666117366_a18a8c38f3.jpg

Music files (FLAC for the most part) stored on the two 128GB USB keys which are visible in the picture. All is powered (just) by a Raspberry Pi power supply.

A lot neater than my bodged together pi + screen ;)

No, it’s Moode. But it’s settled down now and I’m a bit of a fanboy... I’ve an Allo Digione with the software you mentioned on its way so I shall have a looksee...

No, it’s Moode. But it’s settled down now and I’m a bit of a fanboy...
Ok, I could never get Volumio to survive a reboot (even initiated from CLI or webUI). It drove me bonkers and was repeatable on multiple SDs on multiple RPI 3B+'s. I'm also a moOde fan.

Ok, I could never get Volumio to survive a reboot (even initiated from CLI or webUI). It drove me bonkers and was repeatable on multiple SDs on multiple RPI 3B+'s. I'm also a moOde fan.

Once I stopped fiddling it just seemed to settle down. I just gave up trying to bend it to my will. And then, bugger me, it started behaving... it’s not as logical as it should be, but if that’s how it works so be it.

Whereas I’ve seldom had an issue with Volumio, but couldn’t get Moode to work. Go figure, as they might say over the pond.

When I first got a Pi Volumio had me tearing my hair out. The current version is an absolute doddle to install and use, as is Moode.

advertisement

Back