advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

I suspect any drugs Trump is on at this point in his life are prescription and an attempt to mitigate the obviously escalating dementia. It appears (see an old Vaush video I linked upthread) he now even needs the front of his shoes propping up to stop him falling forward. His gait has been bizarre for years now, he clearly has trouble walking or standing, and in exactly the way sufferers of frontal dementia display. His brain is soup.

PS I bet he did bath-loads of cocaine in the ‘70s. He had the reputation if a real groper/sex-pest in Studio 54. Why they let him in is beyond me, he was clearly an arsehole and a racist back then.

He’ll delay and appeal, become president and then pardon himself.
He still has to pony up the 83.3M as a bond if he wants to appeal though. There’s still the New York fraud case to be settled too so he might be half a billion down in the space of a week.

I don’t think he’ll be re-elected either.

He’ll delay and appeal, become president and then pardon himself.

He won’t become President, he hasn’t got the numbers. Noise level is not new voters. He also cannot pardon himself in a civil case, this kind of fear mongering is what his base want to think. Same for State crimes. A President could try to get rid of outstanding Federal charges by appointing a corrupt AG* to dismiss them, which is why delay delay is Trump’s strategy.

But he would have to be President and he needs more than his base to achieve that. The polling is showing that he cannot command enough in his own party, never mind winning new Independents and Democrats. The idea that people who refused to back him when he was less toxic are suddenly going to think, “he’s the man after all” is for the birds.

* I just had a flashback to when even Bill Barr (finally) found his demands beyond the pale, just imagine what the next one would look like.

Trump is an utter- ****ing - moron.
all of the above, was avoidable: he just cannot help himself -

..So much entertaintment yet to come!

He knows his moron religious cult-like base will bail him out. He’ll likely have grifted that back within a few weeks with PACs and NFT scams etc. He seemed to be actively baiting the judge to get thrown out of the court, I guess as he knows he’d be able to cash-in that level of staged victimhood with his cult.

He knows his moron religious cult-like base will bail him out. He’ll likely have grifted that back within a few weeks with PACs and NFT scams etc. He seemed to be actively baiting the judge to get thrown out of the court, I guess as he knows he’d be able to cash-in that level of staged victimhood with his cult.
I’m not sure I buy this. If he does indeed have advancing dementia, he probably lacks the awareness for this. What I see nowadays seems to be mostly either knee-jerk man baby reaction, or reprising what he says at all his public appearances, at his rallies.

I’m not sure I buy this. If he does indeed have advancing dementia, he probably lacks the awareness for this. What I see nowadays seems to be mostly either knee-jerk man baby reaction, or reprising what he says at all his public appearances, at his rallies.

Something else that is not being as widely reported as it might, he’s always exaggerated rally audience sizes and they are also down. I notice the victimhood grift is being supercharged, having lost funding from sources who are abandoning him. I love the idea that he would turn down cash from Haley’s donors in future - yeah right.

There is little doubt his MAGA cult base will be collectively milked yet again in order to pay for it. His whole PAC just looks like a money-laundering scam, though one has to ask why a long-established grifter like Trump wastes money on this sort of stuff he could otherwise just be pocketing. The whole thing looks modelled on multi-$million US “Christian” evangelism to me.

That said I very much doubt Trump is doing strategy anymore, his brain seems pretty much missing now, there will be other far darker forces just out of view behind him.

That said I very much doubt Trump is doing strategy anymore, his brain seems pretty much missing now, there will be other far darker forces just out of view behind him.

yes, that’s very much the issue. For these people, Trump is merely a vehicle for them to take the reigns of power. They’ll be quite happy if he keels over and dies the day after his inauguration.

The numbers may not be there for Trump yet. It’s very early days and can Russia influence the results as much as some fear? There’s little doubt about who Putin would prefer to be in power.

Is dementia a prerequisite for any candidate to be President?

The numbers may not be there for Trump yet. It’s very early days and can Russia influence the results as much as some fear? There’s little doubt about who Putin would prefer to be in power.

Is dementia a prerequisite for any candidate to be President?

When you say “yet”, who of the people who never voted for Trump when he was less toxic, will suddenly climb on board? All the noise is coming from the same outlets, grifting at the same base. They are nowhere near enough.

When you say “yet”, who of the people who never voted for Trump when he was less toxic, will suddenly climb on board? All the noise is coming from the same outlets, grifting at the same base. They are nowhere near enough.

I think for me, the worry is turnout for the Democrat vote. Dem voters still need to turn out like they did in 2020. If they do that, then Trump is toast. If, for example the economy turns bad or if Biden is taken ill before the vote and voter turnout drops, then Trump can still win. There are too many variables in play.

I’ve not analysed the key states. I’m concerned that relativity small numbers of voters will have the overall result in their hands. Can these people be manipulated and by whom?

advertisement

Back