advertisement

Possible scam?

Maxbertola

pfm Member
I found this ad on an Italian 2nd hand site:

I think it may be a scam because the unit has an UK power plug and the price is too low (and the kitchen doesn't look like an Italian one). I wonder if someone may recognize the ad or the place.. He also say that the serial number can be seen in the pic, which obviously means that more pics were included in the 'original' ad.

Thanks,
M.

I found this ad on an Italian 2nd hand site:

I think it may be a scam because the unit has an UK power plug and the price is too low (and the kitchen doesn't look like an Italian one). I wonder if someone may recognize the ad or the place.. He also say that the serial number can be seen in the pic, which obviously means that more pics were included in the 'original' ad.

Thanks,
M.
It looks like a picture from Krescendo HiFi's site. A UK pre-loved kit dealer.

Maybe search under sold items on ebay to see if it comes up there. It's usually where scammers lift images from.

Its not as helpful as it once was, as it only goes back 30 days now in some categorys, some still get 90, it used to be 6 months allround

Different tiles so unlikley. But I agree the location is like a Krescendo pic.
Looking at a couple of pics from Krescendo's ebay page. Apart from the change of window colour frame, the rest looks the same ?

s-l1600.jpg

1-6-qj7hay49e5byxvygjjg0njepxx9jg492nfzfkl441s.jpg

A scam listing originating in Italy? Surely not :)

Scams are now ubiquitous. If anyone has a serious intention of buying an item from such a site then, as a minimum, ask for a video of the item with an item of the potential buyer's choice in the video. One long take that includes a view outside of a window. Also ask, where collection would be from.

For anyone in the UK, buying an XPS DR from Italy is just daft, imo. Plenty of those here in the UK. For outside the UK, then perhaps attractive (as an item), but only to those who value price above all and are prepared to risk a distance purchase from dubious/unknown sellers.

advertisement

Back