advertisement

Possible Porcupine Tree reunion?

Seemingly there are some doubts about Colin Edwin's participation and him being replaced by Nick Beggs. In the context of PT Edwin is my choice by a distance. Love his laid back groove and style. Made for an excellent rhythm secion with Gavin Harrison.

So long as any new album is better than The Incident.

I'm not sure about Beggs* a very good technician but Edwin had a lovely understated style.

I was generally disappointed with SW's last two solo efforts, though the last No Man album was excellent IMHO and that was mining a similar vein to TTB and TFB.

I was actually relieved when the TFB tour was cancelled, I had a ticket for the O2 bought well before hearing the new album. I wasn't looking forward to it, there was very little chance of the show surpassing the HCE gig especially if most of the material was drawn from the two 'pop' albums.

*I don't think that I ever got over seeing him in Kajagoogoo back in the early 80s.

Had my car nicked back in the day. Inside my diary, which I’d left in the car, totally unbeknown to the thief were some tickets to Kajagoogoo.
I probably had a lucky escape.
Beggs is certainly a very accomplished bass & stick player, but Edwin always seemed to enjoy being part of that special band.
There’s quite a bit of To the Bone I enjoy, I even now like the first half of TFB! But Raven & HCE are by far my favourite of his solo output.
To see Wilson & Harrison back onstage together would be really something to look forward to.

Reactions: JTC
Ok - what I have on Qobuz is the album - Closure/Continuation.
Track 1 is Harridan and then there are 9 other tracks which are untitled and obviously have no content.
My Qobuz is integrated with the new InnuOS app.

Searching for PT Harridan and the Album gives squat here, likely it'll pop up in a bit - QB in ROON

Got the LP on pre order but that's a a ways away :)

Also using Qobuz/Roon here.
No success searching for the album title, or for just the track.
I’ll try tomorrow.
The other 22 PT albums will have to suffice for now!

It would seem to me that Roon may be the problem as I can see the track in both the InnuOS app and the BluOS app.

advertisement

Back