advertisement

Portishead - Dummy - 20 Years Later

Played and enjoyed recently here too.
Is it me or have we gone all haunting down tempo acoustic? I must admit I do like this style of music ie Texas, Cowboy Junkies etc.

For me the live offering Roseland NYC is a godsend as it includes the halves of Dummy and of Portishead that I get on with. I highly recommend the DVD since it has much better SQ (and set) than CD/Spotify.

I hate threads like this, you fvckers remind me I'm getting older.

My copy of the limited edition blue vinyl arrived on Friday (left outside the front door by the postman). Luckily it had not been raining.

Excitedly I opened the packaging which had several large creases on it to find 2 big creases down the gatefold sleeve.

Contacted the distributor and this was the response:

"We are very sorry to hear the sleeve has been damaged whilst in transit. Unfortunately, as these LP's were strictly limited, sadly, we do not have any spare copies available that we can send a replacement for you.

If you wish to receive a full refund, please could we ask you to return the LP back to us and we will happily process this for you. Please return back to us using standard mail and we will of course reimburse your postage costs.

Apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment caused."

Now I have to decide if i keep the record with the damaged sleeve or loose the limited edition vinyl. Not happy. Thanks sandbag.uk doubt i'll be ordering from you lot again.

advertisement

Back