advertisement

Porcupine Tree

Chris Tarling

Yellow Hound
A recent discovery for me.

Have just listened to, and enjoyed immensely, Lightbulb Sun on vinyl.

Where should I go next in their catalogue please? ;)

Ooo...this might turn into a long thread..!!

For me in order..
Deadwing
Fear of a Blank Planet
The Sky Moves Sideways

and many more..

I have just read somewhere about rereleases? New releases? coming soon.

Not to my personal taste so no more than that sunk in.

And after you've bought them you can buy all the live stuff. Then delve into Blackfield and then his solo output. Oh and there's Storm Corrosion with Mikael Åkerfeldt. Then you might find yourself liking some of the later Opeth releases.

This is going to cost you big!

And after you've bought them you can buy all the live stuff. Then delve into Blackfield and then his solo output. Oh and there's Storm Corrosion with Mikael Åkerfeldt. Then you might find yourself liking some of the later Opeth releases.

This is going to cost you big!

Yes. The thought that is in my head is 'basically buy everything' :rolleyes:

Then there is the Tim Bowness connection, some very nice melancholy music from him - pop over to burning shed, worth signing up for their news letter.

Gary

And then of course you'll need to track down and buy every classic album that Steven Wilson has remixed which (surprise, surprise) he does rather well.
Artists include :- King Crimson, Yes, Jethro Tull, Chicago,Gentle Giant, Marillion, XTC, Tears For Fears, Caravan, Hawkwind, Steve Hackett & Tangerine Dream.
That should keep you occupied for a while.;)

Deadwing was the album that turned me on to PT, but IMO all of their albums have something to offer. I never tire of listening to them and there are times when all I listen to is PT for days on end. As for Wilson's solo stuff, well not really up there with PT in my opinion and in terms of live performance, again for me it is PT by a considerable distance.

Somebody else on the slippery slope to 'Empty Wallet" syndrome.
Dont even try looking for the early Ltd Edition box sets, at least unless you have won the lottery.

advertisement

Back