• TBD7

• TBD8

• TBD9

• TBD10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Future Nostalgia - Dua Lipa
Beyond the Pale - Jarvis Cocker
The Universal Want - Doves

...with a nod to Taylor Swift's two albums too!

Will Bob Dylan's "Rough & Rowdy Ways" make the list?

Does Neil Young's "Homegrown" qualify? It was released in 2020, but recorded in 1974-75.

I'm not sure I like anything from 2020 yet!

I'll probably pick up some belters from 2020 in about 2023 ... very often the way!

Last edited:
@Tony L - not enough nominations yet - can you extend my ability to edit the OP if I leave the nominations open until this Sunday, leaving a week for the vote?

I felt there were slim pickings this year but would nominate

1. Matt Berninger- Sepentine Prison
2. Bruce Springsteen - Letter to you
3. Michael Kiwanuka - Kiwanuka - released November 2019 but won Mercury Prize this year so more of a 2020 album in my book!

@Tony L - not enough nominations yet - can you extend my ability to edit the OP if I leave the nominations open until this Sunday, leaving a week for the vote?

I suspect I’ll have to edit it, just send me a PM when you have the list you want and I’ll sort it.

My three most-played 2020 releases:

Nicole Atkins -- Italian Ice
Khruangbin & Leon Bridges -- Texas Sun
Thundercat -- It Is What It Is

I also really liked Baxter Dury's The Night Chancers, Matt Holubowski's Weird Ones, and Khruangbin's Mordechai. I also ordered the new Avalanches and Tame Impala records, but they haven't arrived yet!

Album "Suddenly" by Caribou is playing right now, and I'm excited by an album from 2020 for the first time, so put me down for that.

Last edited:
OK, my fault for a badly organised thread, but I won’t ask Tony to mess about with the OP for a vote with so few nominations, and especially so few multiple nominations...

So, instead I’ll declare the winner as:

Sault - Untitled (Black Is)

Here’s to as much excellent music in 2021 as we had in the year 2020.

Sufjan Stevens - ascension
Daniel Avery - love + light
Eik October - Everything has a echo

advertisement

Back