advertisement

Politically correct

Never mind that. Your lavatory - would members of the public, disabled or not, want to share it with you once they'd had a look?

Subsidiary question- are you going out for your tea tonight or microwaving at the warehouse?

Nothing to do with the evolution of language: it's just that here are 2 persecution fantasies that crystallise a lot of the same resentments and anxieties and so are used interchangeably by the kind of people who enjoy them.

Never mind that. Your lavatory - would members of the public, disabled or not, want to share it with you once they'd had a look?

Subsidiary question- are you going out for your tea tonight or microwaving at the warehouse?

The one in Hull was a bit like the Trainspotting one. But since I left we have employed a woman and apparently it is sparkling now. Note that we kept the role in the family. Apparently this might not be all that legal either. But I figured it doesn't matter, since we did our bit for women. And old people. She's 64.

The one in Germany is very clean. It has one of those inspection platforms that the Germans like. It's a shared one. I'm half tempted sometimes to leave my deposit on the inspection platform for the next user.

For tea tonight I am going to a German cafe that does spag bol for 5 quid. It's very nice and excellent value. And they all speak English, particularly when I start repeating my order more loudly when they do not understand. https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/04/99/cb/34/great-location.jpg

Thanks for the information re: the toilet situation Rich.
I have passed this, and your business addy, to a militant disabled rights group.
Possibly you might want to start investigating industrial cleaning services.

‘Political correctness’ is a term coined by people or political entities who wish to normalise ugly bigoted behaviour of some kind. It really is that simple. Almost always used by the hard-right to justify racism, sexism, homophobia etc.

Basically aiming to make empathy socially bad/wrong.
In reality "PC" is reasonable acceptance/consideration for others.
Not wonder the hatebots get so agitated about it!

What the hell is wrong with ladders? Since when were they dangerous?
Ask the 50-odd people who die falling off them in the UK every year. In 2010 there were 655 people killed falling down stairs. 53 were killed falling off ladders. Bearing in mind that pretty well everyone goes up and down stairs, several times a day, including the disabled, elderly and infirm, while generally only young fit people go on ladders, and then infrequently, and workplace access to ladders is restricted, the difference indicates that ladders are considerably more dangerous than stairs.

The main causes of injury at work are manual handling and slips, trips and falls. Ladders are well up the list.

Sue, you also forget to mention man votes green or lib-dem, man's friends are all arty people, man was an arty person most of his life, man thinks people should be allowed to live where they want without barriers being put up in front of them, man thinks women might be a better bet as an employee than men, man believes in the NHS, man does not like Trump or Farage or Thatcher, man thinks a whole lot of things that are not on that side of the spectrum.

You, however, think 'dumb' people are a problem in democracy. Sieg Heil, Sue!!!

You seem to need to categorise people in your binary world; decisions like gas chamber or not gas chamber? Perhaps before breakfast some fun and games to stew on it in the form of a Ralph Fiennesesque shooting of dumb-looking people from the balcony.

Congratulations, Rich, I think that may be the first Godwinning of a thread since the migration.

Actually, and thank you for the character assassination, by the way (which mostly serves to underline my point), the connection I was making was between somebody who makes a decision (vote leave) on the basis of a limited subset of conditions and available information, and somebody who elects not to comply with legislation which applies to him, because he hasn't seen the point of it.

is it not possible to deal with each issue on its own and not bundle every social/regulatory political idea into one big batch?

It was bound to not last, Sue....the legislation is only implementable if it is affordable.

I think you may have that the wrong way round. Businesses are only viable if they can afford to comply with the legislation that applies to them.

As I recall, you moved to Strasbourg partly because you liked what you saw of the local attitude to business. Now, though, you seem to be criticising the local business regulation. It's a bit like your volte face on Brexit, isn't it?

Huh? I refer to the Hull warehouse. I am only here 3 months, I still have no idea what rules I am breaking here. Well most of them anyway.

Most businesses push the envelope out to get going. Naive to think they don't.

The one in Hull was a bit like the Trainspotting one. But since I left we have employed a woman and apparently it is sparkling now. Note that we kept the role in the family. Apparently this might not be all that legal either. But I figured it doesn't matter, since we did our bit for women. And old people. She's 64.

The one in Germany is very clean. It has one of those inspection platforms that the Germans like. It's a shared one. I'm half tempted sometimes to leave my deposit on the inspection platform for the next user.

For tea tonight I am going to a German cafe that does spag bol for 5 quid. It's very nice and excellent value. And they all speak English, particularly when I start repeating my order more loudly when they do not understand. https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/04/99/cb/34/great-location.jpg
I really liked that, it made me laugh. It's reading like the Withnail and I of merchandising.

Rich, I feel knowing you a little (for you are an open book), that there's a "knoworramean" missing from that statement.
Dec, you are always trying to place me in a white van as some dodgy alt-right scamming plumber...my life is very different...here I am singing, not that long ago, with an orchestra. A song I wrote about the pathetic life of a deluded French person I knew in Thailand who was convinced all the hookers he went with loved him.

In my spare time I write feminist poetry

Rich will have to make up for this. New Year party at the Strasbourg warehouse, free bar plus special request items on the rider. Or Else.

To be honest I am that miserable here on my own building the business you are all welcome. In addition to Dec's request, I'll even supply the crack and the hoes....ah, sorry about that 2nd term, not very PC of me.

Thanks for the consideration, Rich.
You are correct - we in agricultural communities prefer the term 'manual rotovator'.

advertisement

Back