advertisement

PMC Twenty5.24i & room size

Hi guys, sorry for my english

I am thinking to buy Pmc twenty with Goldnote IS1000 MK2 , my question is about wich model 5.23i o 5.24i ?
My room is front 4,3mt I position speakers at 3,5mt distance one to other, in the middle there is low furniture with 65" TV
the left speaker is in angle of room.
deep of room is 5,3mt height 2,7mt and the left wall is open for 3mt
My position is in the middle of speakers at 2,5mt from front wall , therefore the triangle is flattened :(
Now I have Dynaudio Focus 50 and the quality sound it is good, but I want philosopy.
So I know 5.24i it is better than 5.23i but there are 2.000 euro difference
My question is I will be happy with 5.23i with quality sound comparable to Focus 50 or it is necessary extra budget šŸ˜­to go at 5.24i?

Tank you šŸ‘‹

We tried Twenty.24 loudspeaker in our 6m x 4m living room, and with the need to position them away from the rear wall, they dominated the room physically as well as sounding ā€œtoo muchā€ for the room. This was all nearly 8 years ago, but I can remember the relief when the dealer came round and swapped them for Twenty.23 speakers. We still have them. They could probably do with a sub, but the hifi isnā€™t a priority right now.

Be very careful. Itā€™s easy to go very wrong in an expensive way. If youā€™re happy with what you have, just relax and enjoy it.

Thereā€™s quite a big difference between the 23i and 24i in terms how much sound they produce. They sound the same but the latter is a much bigger sound all round. The PMCā€™s definitely outperform their size so, get a listen, Iā€™d try both first before buying.

Iā€™ve got the 21i and my dads got the 22i both in similar sized rooms. I find the 22ā€™s too much, after a track or 2 Iā€™m done. I can listen to my 21ā€™s all day, no issue.

Hi Tony ,the reason why I want to change the Focus 50 which I like the sound of is because I had a problem and since they are under warranty I called the distributor who told me "ok send them to me on a pallet" but they are quite large in size and weigh 35kg each, so it's not easy to put them on a pallet and load the pallet to the courier, so I insisted with the dealer until he came to my house to change the amplifier board. but what if it happens to me again?
With a passive speaker system and separate electronics, at most the electronics which weigh 17/20 kg and are more manageable will fail.

Hi Hifidan I went to a PMC dealer he only had the 5.23i and I liked them but his space was small, it's not easy to find both 5.23i and 5.24i together.
The dealer came to my house to listen to the Focus 50 and to see the environment and says that the 5.23i are at the limit, he recommends the 5.24i, my doubt is it will be like this or is it because with the 5.24i he collects 2,000 euros more ?

None of these should really be placed in the corners, I would suggest to move things a bit before you decide which way to go
It is not easy, the furniture it is locked at the wall. I think to PMC because there is not bass reflex

advertisement

Back