advertisement

PMC Integrated Amp

sunbeamgls

pfm Member
Despite their association with Bryston and AVM, PMC have launched a 5k gbp integrated amp today. It has slider tone controls for a particularly retro appeal. They say its special because its analogue throughout. Not particularly unique in that methinks.

Andrea

"The company has also designed a custom-designed power transformer, made of 'MuMetal' that can apparently absorb 200 times more magnetic flux than steel.
Read more at https://www.whathifi.com/news/pmc-launches-its-first-non-pro-integrated-amp#LULluvGvQH802fiY.99"

Why the frack would you make a power transformer out of Mu metal? Most of the price of the amplifier is probably that :3

I used to be a huge PMC fan but they have literally priced themselves out of the market.

Ugly.

Also, would have thought that PMC with their studio background would make something more potent?

It'll probably follow soon, at 3 grand more.

I rather like the looks bar the logo, much better in silver though. Kind of Tandbergy.

PS As I'm sure Garyi will point out if I like the looks it is likely doomed! ;-)

I like the looks of it. A nice update of a 70s look. It will be nice to get my mitts on it to see the fit and feel. Pricewise, it is what it is. £5k isn't buttons but we need to hear it to decide its value. Good luck to PMC.

The relationship with bryston, I believe, started souring the day Bryston brought out a full line of loudspeakers.

Now PMC has an amp.

The similarity to the development of the former symbiosis-turned-rift between Linn and Naim is.....notable.

At first glance, besides reminding irremediably to a Playstation, but also to historical Danish designs, it seems that the launch price is something abusive ........ in that stratum there is a lot of competition and I also believe that aesthetics External does not help too much ........... although it is clear that none of this has any relation to their level of benefits. The benefit of the doubt is guaranteed only by the fact that it is signed by PMC. Otherwise it would be an extravagant amplifier whose price is presumed a first division performance. Meanwhile, I still look like a PlayStation, no acrimony.

advertisement

Back