advertisement

Playing blu-ray discs on PC

Can someone recommend a decent Blu-Ray compatible drive for a PC?
Dont get an Asus. I had one that failed. I have a Pioneer Bd-RW BDR-212M Has been very relaible but then I do not use it much, mainly for ripping blu rays. The Asus that failed was just a reader. I got a writer as I thought the laser would have to be stronger for writing so last longer - I have never written a Blu-Ray

re players. DVDFab have a Blu-Ray play that makes the price of PowerDVD seem cheap
https://www.dvdfab.cn/playerfab.htm?
I wont say the price you just look and gasp. Their software though is life time licence . I have their Blu Ray ripper which is the best
Aah ok... I think I'll look for a cheap blu ray spinner with a headphone socket instead. I could use that at my desk for the odd disc that I can't rip, or those with complex menus/lots of extras that make ripping a faff.

99% of discs rip fine, and I have a UHD/BR/DVD player downstairs connected to my projector. The latter is for serious watching (and the sound takes over the house lol).

Dont get an Asus. I had one that failed. I have a Pioneer Bd-RW BDR-212M Has been very relaible but then I do not use it much, mainly for ripping blu rays. The Asus that failed was just a reader. I got a writer as I thought the laser would have to be stronger for writing so last longer - I have never written a Blu-Ray
If people were to not buy a particular computer vendor's equipment due to some person on the internet having had ONE that failed, then nobody would buy any computer equipment. Every single make has failures. You can pull out one survey that'll show brand X is more reliable than brand Y and a week later find another survey that shows the complete opposite.

Speaking solely about any of the major brands, not some "never heard of" brand off ali express or amazon, those I definitely would avoid.

If people were to not buy a particular computer vendor's equipment due to some person on the internet having had ONE that failed, then nobody would buy any computer equipment. Every single make has failures. You can pull out one survey that'll show brand X is more reliable than brand Y and a week later find another survey that shows the complete opposite.

Speaking solely about any of the major brands, not some "never heard of" brand off ali express or amazon, those I definitely would avoid.
thays one view another is that the post is an offer for other people to give their own experiences of various brands

advertisement

Back