advertisement

Pioneer PD-S703 Laser Assembly. Will Not Read Discs

Isobarik

pfm Member
Could someone please tell me what Laser Assembly is used in the unit?
Just stripped the player down because it wasn't reading discs,though it might need the lens cleaning.
Shocked to find the actual lens missing?
I have reason to believe this to be a problem with this player.
I suppose obtaining a replacement is extremely slight or near impossible:(.

Any guidance will be most appreciated.
Regards
Ray.

Last edited:
Brilliant!Thank you for the link Jimmy, much appreciated.
Unfortunately I can't find the lens anywhere inside the player. So can only presume someone has had the top off before and the lens has fallen out.

Regards
Ray

Last edited:
This site appears to stock the laser unit but it's pricey. https://www.lasertrader.de/english/index.htm?frame=sg_opticallaserpickup_homehifi_Pioneer.htm?pos=10

You may be able to get a unit from eBay which would probably be considerably cheaper?

Failing that, long shot but I'm assuming that most cd pickups probably use a standard focus lens so you may be able to salvage a lens from a scrap cd mech?
Nothing to lose with that idea, I wouldn’t hold out too must hope but worth a try... I can have a dig throw my dead optical pickup collection and send one to Ray if he likes... or alternatively Ray iirc your other half lives in Brum so if you want to drop into Linnfo towers on route from Stoke at some point, you’d be more than welcome!

This site appears to stock the laser unit but it's pricey. https://www.lasertrader.de/english/index.htm?frame=sg_opticallaserpickup_homehifi_Pioneer.htm?pos=10

You may be able to get a unit from eBay which would probably be considerably cheaper?

Failing that, long shot but I'm assuming that most cd pickups probably use a standard focus lens so you may be able to salvage a lens from a scrap cd mech?
Thank you Jimmy.
Yes a bit pricey. I'll go down the scrap CD route as all I need is the actual lens.
Regards
Ray

Nothing to lose with that idea, I wouldn’t hold out too must hope but worth a try... I can have a dig throw my dead optical pickup collection and send one to Ray if he likes... or alternatively Ray iirc your other half lives in Brum so if you want to drop into Linnfo towers on route from Stoke at some point, you’d be more than welcome!
Hi Simon.
Thank you for the info. Sadly my Brum partner is no longer around:D.
Yes the only option looks like a lens out of another unit.
I'm going to delve a bit deeper.....measure the diameter of the lens housing and go from there.
The Audiotech shelf is still doing a sterling service. I can now walk into my living area without the arm jumping out of the record grooves:eek:.

Cheers, matey.
Ray

Hi Simon.
Thank you for the info. Sadly my Brum partner is no longer around:D.
Yes the only option looks like a lens out of another unit.
I'm going to delve a bit deeper.....measure the diameter of the lens housing and go from there.
The Audiotech shelf is still doing a sterling service. I can now walk into my living area without the arm jumping out of the record grooves:eek:.

Cheers, matey.
Ray
Haha, I’ve been in and back out of a relationship since I saw you. And yes, the Audiotech shelves are superb, both in fit and finish and performance, I just had no practical place to put it, HIFI rack under the window so it couldn’t go above that, tall and deep speakers either side of a fireplace so that wasn’t practical either.

I have solid and totally inert floors in my new house, they’re great for HIFI!

advertisement

Back