advertisement

Pink Floyd Exhibition at the V&A in London

It depends on the venue imo.
Over the years I've tended to head to the centre L/R of t'line, and approx 25% from the front where possible in the hunt for best for sq.
The closer the more involving too.

At the risk of busting the budget, the Mark Butler option means no touts or the emotional rollercoaster of queuing on a ticket website.
They will certainly investigate accessibility w/out charge if you ask.

Is Mark Butler involved with the Glasgow SSE Hydro date?

Few from the weekend.
**DO NOT SCROLL DOWN IF YOU ARE GOING**

36776906563_fde4359136_c.jpg
[/url]DSCF4875 by SPH2701, on Flickr[/IMG]

What was the Nick Mason talk like? Did he have much of interest to say? Who was the interviewer, I don't recognise her?

Ticket prices for live events just keep on a'climbing. Luckily I managed to get a wheelchair seat for the SSE Hydro today in the pre-sale, meaning my dad gets to go with me free gratis :). Out of interest I also went online to see what other seats were available and the selection was piss-poor. As per usual the 'Choose Your Own Seat' feature on TicketMaster wasn't working and the seats allocated to me were high up in the gods and way over to one side. Call me a cynic but I think most "pre-sales" now are simply a means to offload shite seats for high prices and convince the buyer that they've got a good deal. I am often able to purchase better seats in the General Sale for either the same price or less...

Congrats' - I bet you are feeling' a bit happy!
I've only participated in pre-sales that are band/artist operated for those registered on email lists, but through those have always secured good seats.
Except the standing only events.

I am amazed that so few people are there I couldn't hardly move when I went

It was absolutely rammed on both occasions that I visited - 2.15 on Friday and 10.15 on Saturday (it opened at 10).
It took a deal of patience to get those images, but worth it.

The Saturday event with Classic Album Sunday / Colleen Murphy was a real added bonus.
I have been lucky to hear Nick talk on several occasions, but mostly about cars.
This time he really did think about his answers, corrected a few mis-conceptions, and spoke freely about the whole recording of DSOTM as well as the touring experience, his fear of flying and the mega expensive cure, as well as other albums. His favourite - if pushed, Saucerful.

orlando1 kindly gave me a couple of complimentary tickets. I took along a mate who is in a wheelchair. This was a mistake in retrospect.

My friend made it to the third room and decided he'd had enough. The problem was most people had headphones on and so couldn't hear him when he asked if they would move so he could get through.

We went through the rest of the exhibition quickly until we got to the last room, where videos of Arnold Layne and Comfortably Numb were playing. We chilled out there.

My criticism is there were far too many people to make the viewing pleasant. There are a lot of articles and printed matter on the walls. The psychedelic lightshow on the ceiling in the first few rooms made these really difficult to read, which is a real shame.

My next door neighbour went a month earlier and warned me about how crowded the show can get. He also left early because there were too many people and kicked himself because he didn't ask for his money back.

Having moaned, there is a lot of great stuff to look at, from guitars and synths to video interviews and fx pedals. There are also some mind-boggling statistics. It took a crew of 161, I think, to erect the stage and props for The Division Bell tour.

Think I'll try and get back to the exhibition before it ends if I can.

Jack

It was full when I went, but being on my own and fairly tall I got to see everything I wanted. To be honest that was only the first two thirds as I have no connection to anything post-Wall. I imagine it would be a very compromised experience in a wheelchair as a lot of content was fairly high up, some stacked up very high. Add too many people and I fully understand your friend’s response. You should make a complaint really as it is something they should address even if it is just having a quieter disabled-friendly period each day when fewer are admitted.

You should make a complaint really as it is something they should address even if it is just having a quieter disabled-friendly period each day when fewer are admitted.

That's not a bad idea. I'll get in touch with my mate Simon, who is in the wheelchair, to see if he will do it.

Jack

advertisement

Back