advertisement

(Pink) Fisheye!

JTC

PFM Villager...
Hey folks.

I've just bought a used 8mm fisheye lens for my Fuji X from another PFer. I don't have it yet, but it'd be great to get some hints and tips for making the most of what is likely to be a tricky lens to get the best from. I've an ulterior motive - I want to take interior shots of our holiday let for marketing purposes - so minimising the fisheye effect is going to be useful (I'm aware of IMADIO Fisheye Hemi etc.). However, maybe there are other things I can try. I'm looking forward to getting some mad shots of the family, and trying it 'in the field' for moody black & white.

To tell the truth, it could end up being a dead end for me, but the price was keen and it might be fun for a while. Or I might take to it like a duck to water....

Any other fisheye 'Fishers?

It's not really that important for the interiors - it's more to add something a bit different to our existing shots. Really, if I'm honest, it's an excuse to have a play with a Fish Eye lens :)

That is OK then - however Pano shots can give a good view of interiors and linking rooms together - take a look at the samples on the Pano2VR website.

To make it a WA lens, hold it level, then defuse in LR, latest version has a profile to defish Samyang 8mm, for older versions use Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye profile to defish.

advertisement

Back