advertisement

Pinging MrRogers

Kt77

pfm Member
You've mail - but you've to delete some of your messages to receive mine.

Anyways - I'll just add it here:

Hi there,

I don't own said table - but had the chance to hear it at a local shop in Ann Arbor Michigan called Paragon Sights & Sounds being used with a Koetsu Jade into Krell Electronics driving a pair of the bigger Wilson Audio Loudspeakers - and have to say that if it was in my price range?, I'd be listening to one at this very moment - as it's one of the most beautifully built and sounding tables that I've ever laid ears/sight upon.

As I followed their move from Columbus Ohio in the mid 90s to Michigan - as well as saw them moving away from the Nottingham Analogue range of tables as their bread and butter range - onto the Once tables, and after listening to it upon various trips over the last 2-3 years I can see why they continue to stock/support it.

Sweet Dreams Are Made Of These - indeed.

Regards,
Oscar

4a8evama.jpg

Well, well, I learn something new every day. I Googled the 'Once' turntable pages....a true Australian deck. Intriquingly, it has design similarities with the UK Palmer deck, but it costs even more. The guy who runs the firm even has a renovated Strathclyde deck. You don't see them very often.

Oscar, which arm did you hear the Once with?

Actually it reminds me of the older UK made Voyd Turntables - but the arm that the owner of the store had on his was a variant of the Wheaton Tr-planar.

As mentioned, it's a little rich for my blood - but I've always enjoyed listening to costly items as well as the ones on opposite ends of the price ranges - as it allows me to make more solid recommendations to friends/associates whom ask me about said items - whom can afford such luxuries.

I hang out with quite a few Doctors and Judges as well as Engineers whom have much deeper pockets and even they need guild lines.

Beautiful sounding tables ones again - yet in a very very active market, so one does have options.

Regards,
Oscar

advertisement

Back