advertisement

Picture Quiz #16

That was supposed to be one of the first!
I had wondered yesterday about On the Sunny Side of the Street by Ted Lewis. (Grab your coat and get your hat…) There’s even a doorstep in your picture to leave your worries on! And McCartney definitely stole the line for A Day in the Life - he sings it to the Sunny Side of the Street melody on the Sgt Pepper outtakes record.

I had wondered yesterday about On the Sunny Side of the Street by Ted Lewis. (Grab your coat and get your hat…) There’s even a doorstep in your picture to leave your worries on! And McCartney definitely stole the line for A Day in the Life - he sings it to the Sunny Side of the Street melody on the Sgt Pepper outtakes record.
I often do have an earlier song in the mix but this time not.

Unlikely, but as it mentions a holy man…

6. Steely Dan - The Fez (No I'm never gonna do it without the fez on)
Yep, the Holy man was the clue - "I wanna be your holy man". That was one with the hat in the title to go with the hats in the pictures...

What are the drugs and what did they call those drug runners in Florida?

What kind of hats in 10. What colour is one of them?

I had that one earlier, oh well. I’m guessing there’s a more well known song than this, but…

8. Margo Price - Cocaine Cowboys (They’re all hat, they don’t rope no cattle)

Just slipped in there. No 8 is a reference to Cocaine Cowboys the famous Miami "Kings of Cocaine"

Phew, well done and thanks again for making the effort @gavreid

(My long shot for 10. was Beck’s Qué Ondo Güero, for mentioning a mariachi band and erm, Burger King crown!)

advertisement

Back