advertisement

Pics of your pets (part III)

50731131522_2f6b4deb20_c.jpg

A sad week here in the shire, Ben has left the building one last time aged 14 and half. When a lab declines a treat you know it's time...

A loyal and beautiful dog who has given us hours of pleasure and never missed out on a family holiday.

From
Picture 1054 by Jonathan Roberts, on Flickr

To, with his cat Gracie AKA The House Clowns
IMG_3340 by Jonathan Roberts, on Flickr

Very sorry to hear that - he looked a beautiful dog.

So very sorry, Jono - having been there myself on more than one occasion, you have my deepest sympathy.

Run free, Ben - I've no doubt a life well lived, and loved.

Sorry to hear that, been through it a good few times, we have always had Golden Retrievers, horrible at the end after years of happy times

2-D1-F03-D2-B8-C0-4417-8-A12-461-BC51-BD495.jpg

I think he’s after the wine...
(It’s a 75cl bottle, just looks like a half bottle next to giant cat)

He's a stunner!

Some good friends of ours have Maine Coons and I just fell in love the first time I met them. What surprised me was that they enjoy swimming, apparently.

Very sorry to hear that - he looked a beautiful dog.

So very sorry, Jono - having been there myself on more than one occasion, you have my deepest sympathy.

Run free, Ben - I've no doubt a life well lived, and loved.

Sorry to hear that, been through it a good few times, we have always had Golden Retrievers, horrible at the end after years of happy times

@Jono_13 Sorry to hear of your loss- God speed Ben.

What a beautiful boy Ben was - rest easy chap!

Sorry to have missed this earlier. Loved from birth until the end; my thoughts are with you. Run free Ben, treats just ahead.

thanks again to all, he is back with us now just in time for Christmas.

A sad week here in the shire, Ben has left the building one last time aged 14 and half. When a lab declines a treat you know it's time...

A loyal and beautiful dog who has given us hours of pleasure and never missed out on a family holiday.

From
Picture 1054 by Jonathan Roberts, on Flickr

To, with his cat Gracie AKA The House Clowns
IMG_3340 by Jonathan Roberts, on Flickr

Thanks Jono,

For the wider reader, I was blessed with the privilege of knowing Ben for most of his life. I think it is fair to say that he was as enthusiastic for me as I was for him. I was granted the knowledge that the end was nigh, and so I was not shocked by the news a few days later. I cannot say I kept a straight face after that phone call.

A good dog is going to take an exceptional human to exceed in loyal friendship, though I know a handful of people I like as well as my favourite dogs, so I am lucky. Thanks Jono for those two pictures.

Best wishes from George

advertisement

Back