advertisement

Pics of your pets (part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fate has a nasty habit of building you up. Then just as you start to have a pleasant, happy outlook on life it creeps up on you and gives you a massive kick in the nuts.

My wife, the spaniels and I spent a lovely week in the highlands last week and got home on Sunday. First thing Monday morning we picked the two cats up from their holiday home and brought them home. As it was my wife's birthday we went out for lunch and then off to a yoga class.

As we got home we spied two cars parked oddly in front of the house. As we went to see what was happening we noticed one of our neighbours in floods of tears and I knew exactly at once what had happened. My pal. My joy. My wee boy Hamish the tabby cat had been hit and killed by a car.

The two cars were not the ones that had hit him but they had seen what had a happened and stopped to see if there was anything that they could do for him. They knocked on a few doors and one of our neighbours recognised him and was going to take him in for us. It was just at that point we arrived home.

So the evening of my wife's birthday was spent digging a hole in the garden and laying the wee man to rest.

To say that I am devastated wouldn't cover it.

So, screw you Fate. You are one son of a bitch.

Euan

Not exactly a pet, but so cute. I couldn't resist sharing :rolleyes:

rabbit.jpeg

Fate has a nasty habit of building you up. Then just as you start to have a pleasant, happy outlook on life it creeps up on you and gives you a massive kick in the nuts.

My wife, the spaniels and I spent a lovely week in the highlands last week and got home on Sunday. First thing Monday morning we picked the two cats up from their holiday home and brought them home. As it was my wife's birthday we went out for lunch and then off to a yoga class.

As we got home we spied two cars parked oddly in front of the house. As we went to see what was happening we noticed one of our neighbours in floods of tears and I knew exactly at once what had happened. My pal. My joy. My wee boy Hamish the tabby cat had been hit and killed by a car.

The two cars were not the ones that had hit him but they had seen what had a happened and stopped to see if there was anything that they could do for him. They knocked on a few doors and one of our neighbours recognised him and was going to take him in for us. It was just at that point we arrived home.

So the evening of my wife's birthday was spent digging a hole in the garden and laying the wee man to rest.

Euan

very sorry to hear that

Euan

So sorry to read that, animals can touch people like nothing else but the pain of losing them is sometimes almost unbearable. I lost my 19 year old best friend at Easter and I am still not over it.

Poor little guy.

Bella will be 9 months old next week, a very solid 27kg and doing very well.

Here she is today waiting to be chased around the caravan.

Now having a rest having been chased...

That’s a big caravan you’re in!

It's a BK Bluebird Sheraton. It's a great location for Bella, being on a working farm on the edge of a forest, close to a river and loads of walks.

Several months on, this is Blue now. She protected my wife from an aggressive Mastiff yesterday by running forward about twenty metres in front of her and straight at the Mastiff, shifting side on and moving so the Mastiff couldn't get close. The owner of the Mastiff, who had rescued it the day before and knew that it was aggressive to people, apologised for having it off the lead, saying that she didn't think anyone would be around. When will people learn - she hasn't had time to get to know her dog yet!

48888662506_b2fa526a7e_h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back