advertisement

Pics of your pets (part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really sorry to hear that Eternumviti - must be very tough for you.

The picture of 'Scrappy' is brilliant - looks like a real character.

I am so sorry to hear of the circumstances of the loss of Hendricks (great name BTW) - that must have been traumatic for you, I can't imagine....so sad.

I love that picture of "scrap/raggy"! That is a very serious look on her face!

I am sure she will bring much joy to you and your family. Only you can tell if it is too soon. We waited about 4 months after Tonic was put to sleep aged 21 years (I had had her and her sister (Gin) since they were 12 weeks old) before Ziggy and Marley came along. Our two are indoor cats, (they have climbing frames etc I have built in the house).

yes, our cats are indoor cats, while I appreciate they'd enjoy being outside (well, not sure about Blu as his fur is very fine and it's normally cold here!) as it's a rural area, but the traffic does move quickly and cat deaths are quite common... I'd be mortified if anything happened to one of mine :(

yes, our cats are indoor cats, while I appreciate they'd enjoy being outside (well, not sure about Blu as his fur is very fine and it's normally cold here!) as it's a rural area, but the traffic does move quickly and cat deaths are quite common... I'd be mortified if anything happened to one of mine :(

My two have both been kept indoors. My previous cat had outdoor privileges but it was becoming a chore to wrangle him and get him indoors when I was ready to lock up and go to sleep. Then he got into the rat poison behind the neighborhood pizza joint and died. So I'm in no hurry to transition these two indoor cats to an indoor/outdoor lifestyle until I move to a quieter location.

My two have both been kept indoors. My previous cat had outdoor privileges but it was becoming a chore to wrangle him and get him indoors when I was ready to lock up and go to sleep. Then he got into the rat poison behind the neighborhood pizza joint and died. So I'm in no hurry to transition these two indoor cats to an indoor/outdoor lifestyle until I move to a quieter location.

yep, I have a tight schedule of a morning (35 mile commute, tho, my lady usually has more flexibility) and i simply haven't the time to wait of a morning... nevermind dealing with it before I goto bed either..

Looks like he's finally caught that ankle he's been attacking for most of his life.

Marley, isn't really an "attack" cat. He is very serene, calm , almost regal, although he does have his moments. Funnily he has a squeaky high pitched meow which doesn't fit with his size. On the other hand Ziggy is a lunatic cat, with a typical Siamese whining loud meow.

Both are astonishingly inquisitive, and both seek attention.

https://screenshot.net/6ovqwuy

Well, I went to the FAQ and inserted the image tags, but...

Edit 2 : thanks, gt, for doing it correctly below. I copied the example from the FAQ, then changed the example link to the one above. I also tried clicking on the image icon when posting, then inserting the same URL, but no joy with either :confused:

6ovqwuy

URL][IMG}

here

6ovqwuy

ah it's vanished - is the screen shot thing only temporary? @jtrade you need to find somewhere more permanent for your photos. Why not open a flickr account?

Last edited:
here

6ovqwuy

ah it's vanished - is the screen shot thing only temporary? @jtrade you need to find somewhere more permanent for your photos. Why not open a flickr account?

If I click on the link I posted, the photo is still there... but sounds like Flickr is the way to go.

He does indeed! He's a forest cat (a siberian, but there are also norwegian varieties ) and is currently sporting a fairly hefty coat to deal with -20C, although as we are in the UK and on the coast, it's currently 10C at present, so he's finding it unseasonably hot.

He does indeed! He's a forest cat (a siberian, but there are also norwegian varieties ) and is currently sporting a fairly hefty coat to deal with -20C, although as we are in the UK and on the coast, it's currently 10C at present, so he's finding it unseasonably hot.

My cats are both short-haired, the Siamese one particularly. Both have become increasingly snuggly as temperatures have dropped. The Siamese cat's coat is bristly in summer, his winter coat is almost but not quite "plush".

As it has got colder, both have got more snuggly, Ziggy more so. Although Marley has nabbed the shelf above the radiator

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back