advertisement

piCorePlayer / LMS /Synology NAS: Help, please!

PieterC

I’d welcome some advice, please, as a new Picoreplay user. I’ve seen similar posts and have tried to learn from them. However, I’m still stuck:

I’ve recently changed from a Synology DS218j (which supported LMS) to a Synology DS218 and which no longer supports LMS, so I bit the bullet and set up an RPi running Picoreplayer and LMS, pointing to my music share on the NAS. All’s fine except that I can’t see my music folders, which are in /volume1/music.

NFS is set up and I’ve edited the share’s NFS permissions, including (temporarily) setting a wildcard hostname, setting Read/Write privilege, Squash: map all users to Admin and allowing access to mounted subfolders … and confirmed that the mount path is /volume1/music

On piCorePlayer [LMS] (Setup network disc mount) I have the following:
Mount Point: /mnt/Diskstation
Share Name: /volume1/music
Share type: NFS
Options: vers=3, uid=1001,gid=5

I’m not too sure about the Options field, though I’ve been working my way through the NFS version numbers.

The share seems to mount correctly and I can see it when I browse for the LMS media folder, but I can’t expand the selected folder which I’d expect to be able to.

It’s all pointing towards me not being able to access the share subfolders, but I can’t see why. I’d be really grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance.

Pieter

Thanks for the rapid reply, Amber. Sadly, unticking "allow access to mounted subfolders" makes no difference.

Tried using IP number instead of name in the various fields, example \\192.168.1.123 rather than \\NasBoxName

Thanks - and yes, I put the IP number in the box. I've not yet figures out how to attach a screenshot, otherwise I'd put up a picture!
Yes, I thought I'd followed the How-to guide to the letter ... but obviously not! I'm quite happy to be told I've misunderstood something!
I'll stick to just this forum for the time being as cross-posting gets complicated. Thanks for engaging and greetings from the UK.

Have a go using postimage: https://postimages.org/

Drag and drop a picture onto or click the button Choose Images and Browse to find your picture on computer or Tablet.

Copy the URL for the Hotlink for Forums and paste it into the PFM message

Have you installed additional file system support on piCore, and are you definitely on NFS version 3 on the NAS box?

You’ve given the Admin Account the correct permissions - R/W to the folders? You've mapped all Users to Admin so that will determine what permissions hold sway.

There are plenty here who know more about this than I do, but I managed to get the network share working on my own eventually - I was surprised because of what I had to leave out more than put in.

On my NAS my files are in Volume 1/music/rips.
My mount point is mnt/music
My share name is rips

In other words, ‘Volume 1’ doesn’t appear anywhere on my PCP LMS settings. This may not be your problem, but it might be worth a try. I assume you have the IP address of the NAS entered already.

Wow - what splendid support! I think I now have the right URL for posting images - I was in too much of a hurry to notice it had a Forums flavour.

Pic01.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
If this works I can post more!
Vince - yes, I've already installed additional file system support on piCore and the Synology supports natively NFS Version 2 and 3, though I've also enable ver4 support for good measure. I'll see if this image works and try Marchbanks' solution at the same time...

Well, it looks as though I have a bit to learn a bout posting images! Do you need to have an account to use postimages? I assumed that it had an anonymous version.
Anyway, I've tried all manner of share name: with and without Volume, with and without leading forward slashes, but stiull no luck. I'm pretty sure that we're close to the solution as it's all pointing to LMS now being able to get past the shared folder level to show subfolders.
Really grateful for all suggestions so far and I'd welcome any more advice...

Aha - cracked the images bit - sadly not the rest!
Here's my DiscStation NFS permissions (I restored Shared subfolder access):

This is how I've set up the share:

Here's what I see when trying to navigate to the folders in LMS:

Hope this might help...

Try this, first leave the Options box blank (click on the red word for tool tips).

If that does not work, follow the advice from the "how to" page that was linked to earlier

When mounting, you can add the parameters -o vers=2, -o vers=3, or -o vers=4 to the mount command to specify which NFS version should be used.

Man in a van - brilliant! Thanks very much and I think I'm now scanning my library properly. I thought I'd tried with Options blank, but it's all a bit of a blur!
I have to go now and shall post back shortly...

I’d welcome some advice, please, as a new Picoreplay user. I’ve seen similar posts and have tried to learn from them. However, I’m still stuck:

I’ve recently changed from a Synology DS218j (which supported LMS) to a Synology DS218 and which no longer supports LMS, so I bit the bullet and set up an RPi running Picoreplayer and LMS, pointing to my music share on the NAS. All’s fine except that I can’t see my music folders, which are in /volume1/music.

NFS is set up and I’ve edited the share’s NFS permissions, including (temporarily) setting a wildcard hostname, setting Read/Write privilege, Squash: map all users to Admin and allowing access to mounted subfolders … and confirmed that the mount path is /volume1/music

On piCorePlayer [LMS] (Setup network disc mount) I have the following:
Mount Point: /mnt/Diskstation
Share Name: /volume1/music
Share type: NFS
Options: vers=3, uid=1001,gid=5

I’m not too sure about the Options field, though I’ve been working my way through the NFS version numbers.

The share seems to mount correctly and I can see it when I browse for the LMS media folder, but I can’t expand the selected folder which I’d expect to be able to.

It’s all pointing towards me not being able to access the share subfolders, but I can’t see why. I’d be really grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance.

Pieter

You might want to post your question in the piCorePlayer thrad over on the Squeezebox forum. The piCore developpers are all there: ANNOUNCE: piCorePlayer 7.0.0 (slimdevices.com)

advertisement

Back