advertisement

Photographs from the archives

katie%20and%20owl.jpg

Don't children sometimes look owlish?

probably taken with Minolta 9xi and F1.4 50mm lens in about 1997

Here's a nice one.

Me and my older sister in June 1955. Povvy little kids off a council estate in Nottm... I remember this well. We were off down to the shops for our Mum when this stranger asked if he could take our photo. Can you imagine that now? Anyway, he took our picture and our address and turned up a couple of days later with the picture, which my Mum paid a couple of shillings for. I think this is a really great image. Maybe we'll go back to the same spot and take the same pic, 53 years on......

2801531694_767d969f6e_o.jpg

Mull

Great pics OC. Your Mum was a very attractive girl, and she looks so much more sophisticated than the other two in the shot. Note what the guy is pouring into his typical colour patterned 60's tumbler. If I'm not mistaken it's Mann's Brown Ale. Lads wouldn't be seen dead drinking that nowadays.
There useter be a TV ad
" Mann's is the best brown ale best brown ale best brown ale...
Mann's is the best brown ale drink some today......."

Mull

This, finally, is the pic of Jack Whyman's older sister Ida-Annie and her hubby Claude Taylor. Anybody geeky enough to recognise the class of loco?

2803757503_870eef99c6.jpg

And the child on the left is Ida Pearson, with her Dad 'Grandad' Pearson, pictured around 1900. She married Jack Whyman in 1927.

2803757499_617f6318dc_o.jpg

Here is one of my parent's wedding in 1960s london, at St Peters, the Italian Church on Clerkenwell Road. They've got a tramp (7th from left if you are wondering amoungst the shady looking characters) for luck - i'm not sure where that tradition comes from. A kid on the left, one of my cousins i presume, seems to have a nice TLR.

wedding.jpg

advertisement

Back