advertisement

Photographs from the archives

And Bauhaus, Sept'81

4342122700_c2efe665c5_b.jpg

PentaxK1000
Scanned print - negs lost

Dad by pete*t, on Flickr

Today we say our final farewell to my Dad who died just before Christmas.
In the Royal Engineers from '43-'45, he then worked as a Civil Engineer in many countries including Iraq, Nigeria,Sudan, Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia and Hong Kong - retiring at the age of 68 (having decided that building a road through the jungle in Borneo was perhaps a bit much at that age). We've receiveda fair number of letters which show how respected and appreciated he was by his peers and friends around the world.
there's a set of photographs from his life http://www.flickr.com/photos/pete_tainsh/sets/72157625680850681/show/

Thanks - the funeral went well enough, we had a slideshow of those pictures and some others at the gathering afterwards. We had people turn up who'd worked with Dad from his times in Pakistan , Malaysia and Hong Kong. Mum hadn't seen the Oram's since 1968 - and we had messages from others around the world.
here's another old one - Me and my sister in Khartoum, Apr '63 (one off Dad's old kodachromes)

Angela & me, Khartoum, Sudan April 1963 by pete*t, on Flickr

Roxy from 81/82 - still kicking about Edinburgh these days ( I seem to remember going to his 40th sometime in the early Eighties - unless it was a vicious rumour)

Roxy by pete*t, on Flickr

advertisement

Back