advertisement

Photo theme #34: COAST (Mar 6 - 20 2009)

Hi, Martin

How about a rename to give up landlubbers a chance? How about, Where water meets land.

Pete

3339368200_9d4b9d0376.jpg

Ian, that's fantastic. I've a feeling it's one of your best! Is this more cross processed film? Have you got an endless supply of expired chrome or something?

Cesare

Ian, that's fantastic. I've a feeling it's one of your best! Is this more cross processed film? Have you got an endless supply of expired chrome or something?

Danke. That's cross processed Ektachrome expired in 2003. Not an endless supply, but that nice Anex managed to find some recently.

Well I ventured down to the Severn Estuary today, with an array of cameras (well two). Spent ages shooting all kinds of wonderful pictures with the K10D and Pentax-M 35/f2 lens and a polarising filter. Most were shot at f16 or f22 to get good depth of field using the hyperfocal focus scale on the lens.

It did cross my mind that the shutter speeds I was using seemed rather high (1/320 - 1/250), but the exposures were coming out nicely balanced and it was too bright to see the little screen display anyway.

When I got home I realized why. The lens wasn't stopping down properly and all the pictures are about f4 or something and out of focus :-( I've just dismantled the lens, and it should be fine with a bit of a clean.

I have a half shot roll of Rolleiflex shots at f16 and 1/15s & 1/8s (using the Rollei's meter and my Weston, with a stop or twos compensation for the polariser), so I guess I'll have to finish it off quickly ... or go back.

Decided to get a bit closer to last week's windmills (PAW). Got bigger windmills, nice light and a bit of Gormley for good measure.

3358391992_526e8e3bd3_o.jpg

Mull

advertisement

Back