advertisement

Photo Theme #28: CANDID (Nov 20-Dec 4)

Oops, nearly forgot. Here's mine.

img912.jpg

Thanks. Man - you and your bridges!

Reward...

3080409831_f1d92644fd.jpg

(I think Annex might win though - that's more superbly engineered concrete than any bridge)

Ian, That is great. Took me a good few seconds to work out what the f*** was going on. It is very strange spatially, having that disjunction between the table top, and the figures underneath. It made me feel a bit vertiginous for a second or two, until I worked it out.

I must admit my first thought was that you must have a fairly dramatic lifestyle to be keeping company with those well hard geezers!

Ben

Can we postpone the deadline by a few days ?

Not sure I'll come out with something I am content with, but I'm sure others will.
Good theme and pics.

Omer.

Concrete - great things going on in this image!...love where the light-shafts take the eye! More please ....

Omers ... it would seem like an extension is not in the offing. Perhaps someone in future can do Candid-2?

seems i can't delete my last post, but i'm going with this (been reassured it counts as candid!)

Well that appears to be a can in the corner, so it must count.

Why another extension? It's already been on for 2 weeks, that will make it nearly 3 weeks for one theme:(

I've entered mine and I'm sticking with it! None of this changing my mind umm-ing and ahhh-ing lark for me! :)

I think we should stick to the original dates, 3 weeks is too long. ok, so not everyone gets a chance to contribute to every theme, but that doesn't matter.

2 weeks gives 2 weekends, which for a lot of people is the only shooting time they get, so probably about right.

Extensions in the past were a mixed bag, but if fishies want more time lemme know and I'll change the thread title.

Joe

I've entered mine and I'm sticking with it! None of this changing my mind umm-ing and ahhh-ing lark for me! :)

exactly...people submitting mutiple proposed photos, asking for extensions etc...what's the point..?

ok Ok OK ... no extension - leave the title line as first broadcast. I am away from tinterweb from tomorrow until Sunday night ... if i can get to a computer I'll judge then, if not you may have to wait until Sunday.

anyways...whilst not competing, here's mine...
Chilly-Lolly.jpg

I think it's a personal thing - but you should just work with what you have (i.e. time and other limitations) rather than going for the ideal pic...tho, I await a barrage of conflicting advice...

it's like some famous actor (whose name escapes me) who complained about actors spending ages to perfect the part for a film etc - he said, 'me..? I just act...' :)

Yes - I think it was John Geilgud (or other 'real' actor) when discussing method acting with Dustin Hoffman. When asked his opinion he is supposed to have said "But what about acting, dear boy?"

Easy, people, It's not a a courthouse. The request was due to relatively few entries submitted for a good and basic theme. Extensions in the past resulted in quite a few more entries submitted.

Omer.

Yes - I think it was John Geilgud (or other 'real' actor) when discussing method acting with Dustin Hoffman. When asked his opinion he is supposed to have said "But what about acting, dear boy?"

It was Olivier to Hoffman about his claim to have stayed awake for 36 hours so he could "methodize" his character in Marathon Man - some say the quote was "but have you tried acting, dear boy?"

advertisement

Back