advertisement

Phono stage to match ear 899

kwmason

Won Ton On
I'm just awaiting delivery of an EAR 899 amp and I'm in need of a phono stage to match.

The cartridge is a Lyra Delos or DV 17d3 so would appreciate thoughts on what other 899 users recommend as the best match .

Budget second hand up to £1000

Cheers

interesting guys that they were the only 2 options i had so far considered. I know the 834P has stood the test of time but the few reviews i have seen tend to say its good but not wow and punching above its weight. As for the Quad - i will search for some reviews.
Any Ear 899 users out there using other options?

I have an EAR834 in the deluxe chrome version which I keep as a backup to my much more expensive valve phono stage. It is good especially on MM when I bought it, it replaced a Linn Linto very advantageously.

Have used this phono stage for a year now with a Koetsu Black Goldline in a Linn Ekos SE/ LP12 it is a really good sounding phono stage, highly recommended.

I really like Lehmann Blackcube SE and Graham Era Gold phono stages in the mid budget category. They both seem to dissappear without leaving their signature which is a difficult act in this price point. The other very good phono stage is the Pro-ject phono RS with its external PSU, superb sound. Some found it better than the Aurorasound Vida.

advertisement

Back